The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cadge
Are they worth it? How much more likely are you of getting a successful career with a Masters degree or even a PhD?

We'll if you're like me, and you want to work in academia, then yes advanced degrees (MA and PhD) are worth it. It is pretty much a requirement to have a PhD if you want a job/career in a field like History, because the specialization and research work done as a postgraduate is important to your experience and training.
Reply 2
Cadge
Are they worth it? How much more likely are you of getting a successful career with a Masters degree or even a PhD?

I know they give you a second chance to study at top unis if you didn't alread, and if you're passionate about about the subject then fair enough but in terms of career prospects, do they make a massive difference?

Your questions are too generic.
The most important thing is whether getting an MSc/MA/PhD will help your career in a specific field.

PS. Good luck with A-levels exams.
Reply 3
Polish_star

PS. Good luck with A-levels exams.

Cheers mate
Reply 4
In general a postgraduate degree is worth doing because it boosts your job prospectus. I will be doing an MSc this coming autmumn which will cost me about 4000 pounds. In terms of massive difference I don't think they have it, but previous work experience will boost this. But like most people have said it depends what type of Master you're looking at doing.

Hope this helps..

Latest

Trending

Trending