The Student Room Group

Enquiry about Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work

I am particularly interested in whether a third-class degree holder in Mass Communication can apply for the postgraduate program in Social Work to progress to a Master's in Social Work eventually.

I would greatly appreciate any information or guidance you could provide. Also, kindly recommend universities.

I'm a current student at Kingston University doing a Master's course in Social Work. You should be able to apply to the MSW social work course, however, I'm not sure if you would be entitled to a student loan depending on whether you have accessed it for your previous master's.

You can find out more about the social workers master programme here
If, you have further questions about the course application you can contact the admissions team.

Also, you can visit our postgraduate open day to speak to lecturers and current students by using this link to book your place

Kingston University Student Postgraduate Representative

Quick Reply