The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm not looking forward too it.

Does anyone know any websites that have good revision material/resources, particularly for urbanisation...
moonshine_1991
I have notes on factors which influenced the extension of the franchise up to 1918 if that helps?

if you could pm me them that would be great cheers
This is a pretty basic run down of some of the reasons on why Britain became more democratic. I just copied some of my notes form last year. Hope this helps some of you.

Spoiler

Reply 23
Thanks :biggrin: anybody else hate the sources with pictures :frown: lol
Reply 24
I'm doing it too. Only really started seriously revising for it today though... =\. Last exam!

I've got 5 essay plans which I'm learning, they're pretty flexible and I'm just reading notes for the sources, good way of doing things?
Reply 25
Could anybody help me with why Britain became a democracy ?
I am very confused lol I have the factors :
Growing demand by working class for reform
Political parties could give them the voting right & use it to their advantage
Liberals were growing, changes in european countries
effect of ww1
industrial revolution
I just don't know the order they should come in for the essay though ? any help would be appreciated :smile:
I've still not started revising yet :eek3:
Theres currently a really good drama on channel 4 I think about the Rise of Hitler and the Nazis..Robert Carlyle plays Hitler (the main guy in full monty!)

its pretty good for revision..in a way..not really..but you can pretend to yourself that it is.
francescayeah
Theres currently a really good drama on channel 4 I think about the Rise of Hitler and the Nazis..Robert Carlyle plays Hitler (the main guy in full monty!)

its pretty good for revision..in a way..not really..but you can pretend to yourself that it is.

Haha that's the best way to revise :biggrin:

But I need to revise for computing :frown:

I'll just revise for history on sunday and monday
*C*
Could anybody help me with why Britain became a democracy ?
I am very confused lol I have the factors :
Growing demand by working class for reform
Political parties could give them the voting right & use it to their advantage
Liberals were growing, changes in european countries
effect of ww1
industrial revolution
I just don't know the order they should come in for the essay though ? any help would be appreciated :smile:

The order is not that important as long as you link the beginning of the new paragraph to the previous one. I would order it the way you did it above with a linking sentence at the beginning of each paragraph to make the essay flow.
Reply 30
Has anybody got any info on the french revolution :smile: ?
Reply 31
Really worried about this exam. I'm doing Appeasement for the source questions and The USA Large Scale State and Britain 1850-1979 for the essays. It's seriously stressing me out, I'm revising how and why questions for the Liberals and a how democratic. But for USA I have absolutely no idea what is going to come up. The areas I've gone over in greatest detail have been the Civil Rights Movement and the KKK, but I don't have a clue how to do the questions for them. Looking at a couple of Civil Rights questions that have left me dumbstruck.

In 2006: The experience of black American soldiers during the Second World War was the main cause of increased pressure for civil rights after 1945. How far do you agree?

In 2008: How far were improvements in the lives of black Americans by 1968 due to the Civil Rights movement?

See I really don't know how to do any of these. A typical Civil Rights question I went over in class was 'Which factors explain the growth of the Civil Rights movement during the 1950s and 60s'?
Are you not going over the New Deal and the Wall Street Crash. Last year I didn't even revise the civil rights topic! I did the exact same topics as you so if you have any questions about anything I will try to help.
Reply 33
Henry JW
Really worried about this exam. I'm doing Appeasement for the source questions and The USA Large Scale State and Britain 1850-1979 for the essays. It's seriously stressing me out, I'm revising how and why questions for the Liberals and a how democratic. But for USA I have absolutely no idea what is going to come up. The areas I've gone over in greatest detail have been the Civil Rights Movement and the KKK, but I don't have a clue how to do the questions for them. Looking at a couple of Civil Rights questions that have left me dumbstruck.

In 2006: The experience of black American soldiers during the Second World War was the main cause of increased pressure for civil rights after 1945. How far do you agree?

In 2008: How far were improvements in the lives of black Americans by 1968 due to the Civil Rights movement?

See I really don't know how to do any of these. A typical Civil Rights question I went over in class was 'Which factors explain the growth of the Civil Rights movement during the 1950s and 60s'?

In 2006 you would pick out the isolated factor (the second world war) and do a paragraph on what effect that had (Black Americans sadened at no hero welocme etc). In the intro you'd probably say that you thought it was just one cause for increased pressure...you'd then name other reasons (such as growing economic power etc) and go on to detail them. Dunno if that helps at all - hopefully!

In the 2008 I'm not so sure atm - seeing as I have been doing immigration mainly but you'd probably talk about you'd do a paragraph on the Civil Rights Movement and then say there were other reasons (soilders coming home from WW2 for example lol)

Hope that helped a wee bit - if its more just other things to talk about you're after or if thats not what you meant you can PM me and I'll be happy to help! I love History - it rocks my socks :p:
Reply 34
Yeah we have gone over the Wall Street Crash but we never practised any essays for it, same for the New Deal. We did practise reasons for immigration, and the immigration questions I've seen in the past papers haven't been confusing the hell out of me at least.
Reply 35
Has anyone got an "expected" questions list?

I'm revising immigration, new deal, and some civil rights for the US topic, and urbanisation and liberal gvnt for British...

+ rep if anyone can help.
Reply 36
blaugrana
Has anyone got an "expected" questions list?

I'm revising immigration, new deal, and some civil rights for the US topic, and urbanisation and liberal gvnt for British...

+ rep if anyone can help.

Hiya,

From the looks of it every year in the America topic had 1 question on 1920's ish immigration and 50's 60's Civil Rights movement so I am fairly certain they will come up. I am personally revising immigration because I find that easier but I'll do a bit on Civil Rights just in case. As for the Britain topic there is always either liberals or labour, sometimes both. Last year was liberals only so I'm hoping and thinking this year will have Labour - I'm going to focus on the labour reforms and do a wee bit on liberals too.

Hope that helps at all!
Reply 37
Thanks, I'll give you rep tomorrow...

I see you are from Perthshire too... :lol:
Reply 38
Immigration wasn't in the 2006 and 2007 papers, but it was in 2008. I have a feeling that the pattern means it will come up again.
Reply 39
I hope so, I really do.

Latest

Trending

Trending