The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean by note?

I use footnotes all the time on my exam papers to the examiner. In my mock I always left a little note saying thanks, lol, but probably best to not do that on the real thing.
Reply 2
I wrote a couple; "you know how it feels when your brain just freezes up?"

I did that right at the back though so s/he probably won't see it.

I also wrote that a good strategy could help you achieve WORLD DOMINATION. That was fun.
Reply 3
Yeah, in my GCSE English Language exam I noted at the bottom: "By the way, I apologise for my handwriting. I have been trying to improve it, but it's still terrible!"
lol, I wanted to write the same Dark =p

In my spanish exam, one of the A* exercises was listening to a recording of an archaeologist and writing answers in English. One question was "how did the man die?" and I put suicide, lol. I bet the examiner chuckles at that!
And, one where the answer was actually "gold coins" I put "corpse", lol!
I wrote in my physics AS exam:
"The grade boundries better be low!"
Reply 6
Nothing irrelevant to the subject/question.

Only note I ever left was at a question where you had to draw a graph.

So basically I drew a graph on the answer booklet and on the separate graph paper provided and wrote in the answer booklet: '(or see graph paper)'. The question asked you to sketch the graph, nothing accurate.
Use and abuse footnotes!
Spongebob*No*Pants
I wrote in my physics AS exam:
"The grade boundries better be low!"

Is this OCR B? Wish I'd written that! :s-smilie:

As an aside, this is a GCSE thread... :getmecoat:
Reply 9
I always write "Be nice! =]"
"i know where you live"
Reply 11
Well in my M2 exam i did last week i did a show that question in which i honestly couldn't figure out what i had done wrong (it ended up that i'd pressed the cos button instead of sin button on my calculator :frown:, didn't have time to change it) and i wrote the answer i got which was 6m away from what it should have been, and then i just put a cross with a squiggle. Hopefully (s)he'll get my confusion as to what went wrong, and then get confused as to why i wrote the wrong answer down lol.

I've also wrote something like 'so she isn't getting it?' next to a cartoon of some1 in my preperation for working life exam i did at gcse. That exam was a waste of time honestly. I think i also crossed out the names of all religions on my RE exam, i only got a C for that as there wasn't enough marks in the simple questions lol. I stoped after half the time of the exam.
Reply 12
Well I'm from Scotland, final year, so I've never written a note in a GCSE paper, obviously, but in my maths exam two weeks ago I wrote "sorry for the messiness" as my answers were quite messed up, and then at the end I wrote a little math joke to cheer them up after having to mark so many boring ppapers
in my core 2 maths exam i had a brain wave and couldnt think, i Wrote
" mate i understand how to diffrentiate these equations"
even though i didnt answer the question :P
Kinesthetic
In my spanish exam, one of the A* exercises was listening to a recording of an archaeologist and writing answers in English. One question was "how did the man die?" and I put suicide, lol.

:rofl::rofl:
Reply 15
For philosophy, I used a load of personal examples, like referring to the examiner's current actions, e.g.:

Your eyes are reading these letters -- or are they? It's unlikely that you're reading them all, but merely subconsciously looking at some scrawlings on an exam paper that you've been told to mark, and somehow, these scribbles are translating into words, which your brain is translating into meaning!

I got full marks for that exam :rolleyes:
Reply 16
on my bio exam, I'm gunna write "If I was an enzyme, I'd be helicase, so I could unzip your genes."
I got it from someone's sig here :woo:
Muppety_Kid
Is this OCR B? Wish I'd written that! :s-smilie:

As an aside, this is a GCSE thread... :getmecoat:

OCR A
in my music mock i couldn't remember the name of an instrument so i drew a quick sketch of what it looks like and how it's played :smile:
I wrote on my Biology Unit 2 exam january saying, sorry for my answers but what do you expect when you give me a paper like this!, i got 100ums :biggrin: Maybe it works :biggrin:

Latest