The Student Room Group

The statistics are cold and clear.

Fifty percent of those who marry today will divorce.
On the stress scale, divorce and separation are ranked 2nd and 3rd. Only the death of a spouse is rated higher.

More than 80 percent of those who are divorced will remarry within three years and 65 percent of those marriages will fail again.

More than a million children each year are involved in divorce and more than 13 million children under 18 live with one parent so that single parent families are growing at a rate twenty times faster than two parent families.

Divorce profoundly effects children, in-laws, friends, businesses, even society itself. The stories of tragedy are numerous. The pain is real.

I'm actually experiencing a divorce What should be your response?????
Reply 1
my parents divorce was a nightmare.. they still don't speak 5 years later...

its something you have to deal with... unfortunate, but true..
Reply 2
medic_bex
my parents divorce was a nightmare.. they still don't speak 5 years later...

its something you have to deal with... unfortunate, but true..
yeah you right
A precious relationship has died and divorced people must grieve. I can't sleep. i'M loosing weight. It's often difficult to concentrate too nightmare as you said.
DOn't get married and then you wont become a statistic
Reply 4
HollyBible
yeah you right
A precious relationship has died and divorced people must grieve. I can't sleep. i'M loosing weight. It's often difficult to concentrate too nightmare as you said.

i wish i'd lost weight when they divorced...

you learn to deal with it... and it gives you good skills for dealing with people who act like children
Reply 5
medic_bex
i wish i'd lost weight when they divorced...

you learn to deal with it... and it gives you good skills for dealing with people who act like children
yeah but how about the lost childhood
Reply 6
md_red_uk
DOn't get married and then you wont become a statistic
very funny
Reply 7
HollyBible
yeah but how about the lost childhood

how old are you? i was 14 but my sister was 11... i did my best to make sure she didn't get involved much but she doesn't like dealing with conflicts now... i reckon it had something to do with it. it made me grow up, but i don't really feel like i lost my childhood because it was great before it happened..
im still waiting till my parents get divorced :frown: :mad:
Reply 9
gossip_girl
im still waiting till my parents get divorced :frown: :mad:

can y concentrate for your exams I can 't
HollyBible
can y concentrate for your exams I can 't

well after school we have 2 hr revison so i do it there...well i will be starting on monday....
Reply 11
medic_bex
how old are you? i was 14 but my sister was 11... i did my best to make sure she didn't get involved much but she doesn't like dealing with conflicts now... i reckon it had something to do with it. it made me grow up, but i don't really feel like i lost my childhood because it was great before it happened..
I'm 17 years old I'm actually big enough to understand what happening around me can you imagine this younger children who cannot say anything coz they don't realise what's going on

you really nice to your sister cooool
Reply 12
gossip_girl
well after school we have 2 hr revison so i do it there...well i will be starting on monday....

well done
HollyBible
well done

ive lived with it my whole life really so it doesnt really make a diffrence anymore (that much)
Reply 14
HollyBible
I'm 17 years old I'm actually big enough to understand what happening around me can you imagine this younger children who cannot say anything coz they don't realise what's going on

you really nice to your sister cooool

i dunno, it may have been a better idea to expose it to her more... but at that age i didn't really consider it...
you'll be ok... just stand your ground when they try to talk you away from your opinions. treat it as their problem, not yours and yur exams should be ok...

good luck with them..
HollyBible
On the stress scale, divorce and separation are ranked 2nd and 3rd. Only the death of a spouse is rated higher.

Actually the stress scale goes...

1. Bereavement
2. Moving House
3. Divorce/Separation
4. Job Loss

lol sorry just had 2 correct you... :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending