The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Reems
Buying clothes is my biggest worry... What's shopping like in Coventry?

Abysmal
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Go to Leam.
Reply 22
Online shopping it is then. Also, can'y you just get a tesco food delivery instead of going there?
Reply 23
Just have the occasional massive shopping trip to the Bullring :biggrin:
Reems
Online shopping it is then. Also, can'y you just get a tesco food delivery instead of going there?

Tesco and Sainsbury's do do liver :awesome:

But it's pretty lazy, unless you order in groups and then it makes sense.
Reply 25
TheTallOne

I'm embarrassed for you after that pun.

Yeah i'm lazy :colone:
Reply 26
TheTallOne

i thought of doing my grocery shopping online too :P
why would it not make sense?
raes
i thought of doing my grocery shopping online too :P
why would it not make sense?

The only downsides of shopping online is that they often send food which expires on the day it arrives :colonhash:

But if you have a room in Claycroft and are ordering online I think that is plain lazy - Tesco is 4 minutes away.
Reply 28
TheTallOne
The only downsides of shopping online is that they often send food which expires on the day it arrives :colonhash:

But if you have a room in Claycroft and are ordering online I think that is plain lazy - Tesco is 4 minutes away.

oh, okay thats useful to know :smile: how far is it from jack martin?
raes
oh, okay thats useful to know :smile: how far is it from jack martin?

10-13 minutes, depending on where you are and if certain shortcuts are available. It's longer on the way back if you have both hands full with shopping though.
Reply 30
TheTallOne
10-13 minutes, depending on where you are and if certain shortcuts are available. It's longer on the way back if you have both hands full with shopping though.

oh haha thats not very convenient then :frown:
raes
oh haha thats not very convenient then :frown:

JM is like the 4/5th furtherst from Teso. But when you take everything else into consideration it is in a great location.
Reply 32
TheTallOne
JM is like the 4/5th furtherst from Teso. But when you take everything else into consideration it is in a great location.

you were in JM?
did you do your grocery shopping at tesco or was there a closer place?
Reply 33
Shopping for food online? You people are ******* lazy
raes
you were in JM?
did you do your grocery shopping at tesco or was there a closer place?

Yes. I shopped at Tesco. The quality/range of food at Costcutter is poor.

Some people are near 20 minutes from Tesco, mind.
TheTallOne

I never heard there was a sainsbury's at warwick :confused:

I prefer the food there than tesco:p:
10-13 minutes to tesco from jack martin is a fairly slow walk!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=cannon+park&sll=52.387256,-1.562634&sspn=0.016396,0.031757&ie=UTF8&t=h&split=1&rq=1&ev=zo&radius=0.8&hq=cannon+park&hnear=&ll=52.383458,-1.561346&spn=0.015743,0.031757&z=15

Tesco is at the 'A'. Also on that link you can see all the accommodations. Jack martin is the one between the sports centre and the dangly down bit of road (health centre road) to the right of the Warwick arts centre tag.
destination unknown
I never heard there was a sainsbury's at warwick :confused:

I prefer the food there than tesco:p:

It's at Tile Hill. 5-7 mins from campus by bus/car. The carless students are stuck with tesco. The lazy ones have to make do with costies.

Got to love tesco though. Day before my graduation I realised I forgot to bring formal socks...you figure out the rest. They're rather good value :biggrin:
GarethBrown
10-13 minutes to tesco from jack martin is a fairly slow walk!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=cannon+park&sll=52.387256,-1.562634&sspn=0.016396,0.031757&ie=UTF8&t=h&split=1&rq=1&ev=zo&radius=0.8&hq=cannon+park&hnear=&ll=52.383458,-1.561346&spn=0.015743,0.031757&z=15

Tesco is at the 'A'. Also on that link you can see all the accommodations. Jack martin is the one between the sports centre and the dangly down bit of road (health centre road) to the right of the Warwick arts centre tag.

Don't know - the route I was walking is measured to be 1100 metres from Tesco to JM1 on Google maps. I'd say that would take 10-13 mins :p:
God why did I put lakeside as first choice, its miles away!!

Latest