The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Bulric2
There's about 50 cals in a yolk, if you eat 8 a day that's 450cals + the 130 or so from the whites.
+ They're high in Cholesterol, but the fact there's no carbs in them is still good.
I just eat the whites as a protein supplement really. :p:

/health freak

Well I just explained that they have good cholesterol in them.

I eat 4-5 for breakfast with a slice of bread, that's about 400-500cals. Sounds like a good breakfast to me. Then I'll have another 4-5 after gym. I guess it depends on how many cals a day you eat, if I guessed I probably eat around 3k, but eggs are one of the best and healthiest foods out there.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
piszczel

I eat 4-5 for breakfast with a slice of bread, that's about 400-500cals. Sounds like a good breakfast to me. Then I'll have another 4-5 after gym. I guess it depends on how many cals a day you eat, if I guessed I probably eat around 3k, but eggs are one of the best and healthiest foods out there.

Second year yeah? What are you going to do about the gym next year?
Reply 62
screenager2004
It is a mystery! :biggrin:
You do end up collecting strange things when you're in halls though.

For example: I filled my entire noticeboard up with library receipts, and my mate collected all his pepsi cans (also blocking a doorway)

Spoiler

What halls is that? :\
Bulric2
What halls is that? :\

New Rootes, K block.
Reply 64
Bulric2
Second year yeah? What are you going to do about the gym next year?

I'm a fresher actually, just gonna use the gym on campus
Reply 65
screenager2004
New Rootes, K block.

In the ghetto......:p:
piszczel

That's good to know:smile: After a gym session, I always ate 6 eggs (2 whole and the rest just ate the white).
Gonna change my habit:yep:

Btw, how many calories in a whole egg? just the white part?
Reply 67
destination unknown
That's good to know:smile: After a gym session, I always ate 6 eggs (2 whole and the rest just ate the white).

Yeah man, eggs are a really great food for anyone who trains/weightlifts. Full of Vitamin D, Zinc, good fats, protein, just eat the damn thing.

There's like 60-70 calories in an egg, depending on it's size. Not sure how much in the white alone.
piszczel
Well the fact that you put lakeside as your first choice suggests that you have enough money to have a private limo drive you around the campus so walking shouldn't be a problem for you :wink: :biggrin:

Definitely not rich lol. I will have £600ish of student finance left after my rent. I'm gonna survive on my parents giving me an extra £20-30 a week lol. Got about £700 of my own money too from my saturday job for the last 2 years, but that will be what I spend on going out, drinking, gym etc. Hopefully it'll last at least the whole first term. Bought 3 1L bottles of vodka (£13 each at morrisons :biggrin:) for freshers anyhow to minimise drink spend over that time.

If I don't enjoy lakeside I'll be looking for a room swap for absolutely anywhere. I mean sharing a bathroom isn't too bad actually as long as there is a basin in your room.
Reply 69
Nightvision
Definitely not rich lol. I will have £600ish of student finance left after my rent. I'm gonna survive on my parents giving me an extra £20-30 a week lol. Got about £700 of my own money too from my saturday job for the last 2 years, but that will be what I spend on going out, drinking, gym etc. Hopefully it'll last at least the whole first term. Bought 3 1L bottles of vodka (£13 each at morrisons :biggrin:) for freshers anyhow to minimise drink spend over that time.

If I don't enjoy lakeside I'll be looking for a room swap for absolutely anywhere. I mean sharing a bathroom isn't too bad actually as long as there is a basin in your room.

Lol you bought alcohol already? I might do that when I get there, there's a tescos/costcutter like 5 mins away...
Tbh I'm looking forward to getting drunk/high, haven't done much of it over the holidays!
Reply 70
piszczel
Lol you bought alcohol already? I might do that when I get there, there's a tescos/costcutter like 5 mins away...
Tbh I'm looking forward to getting drunk/high, haven't done much of it over the holidays!

well we're looking forward to the same things :smile:
piszczel

Yeah because it was a cheap deal. 1L smirnoff is usually £18-19 and I got them for £13 each. Economic!!
Reply 72
I've got a budget of £140 a week (£20 per day) but I rarely spend it all, only around £50 a week
Reply 73
destination unknown

The whites? 17 cals and most of the protein.
Reply 74
Bulric2
The whites? 17 cals and most of the protein.

Well, it depends on the egg size. 17 cal is very conservative, I'd say there's 5-7g of protein per egg, that's 20-28cals alone.

What the hell am I doing discussing caloric contents of an egg on the internet:p:
Reply 75
piszczel
Well, it depends on the egg size. 17 cal is very conservative, I'd say there's 5-7g of protein per egg, that's 20-28cals alone.

What the hell am I doing discussing caloric contents of an egg on the internet:p:

10-20 cals, seriously, look it up. :p:
Bulric2
£20? I spend that a week on chicken alone....

seconded
Nightvision
Yeah because it was a cheap deal. 1L smirnoff is usually £18-19 and I got them for £13 each. Economic!!

You'll be discovering the low price of Kommissar and Tesco Value Vodka.

£9.75 for a 750ml bottle is way too expensive (3L@£39 = 750ML@£9.75). You could get it for a pound less :p:
Reply 78
TheTallOne
You'll be discovering the low price of Kommissar and Tesco Value Vodka.

£9.75 for a 750ml bottle is way too expensive (3L@£39 = 750ML@£9.75). You could get it for a pound less :p:

Isn't Tesco Value only like 20% tho? The reality is you get what you pay for lol
piszczel
Isn't Tesco Value only like 20% tho? The reality is you get what you pay for lol

Nah all Vodka has to be 37.5% min. Smirnoff is 37.5%. As is the cheap stuff.

Except the cheap stuff is probably less pure.

Latest