The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
placenta medicae talpae
Your teacher does have a point about the case studies being wildly different every time ...

But practice will hopefully get you used to what you need to write down in the exam, make you much more confident in handling the papers, and will help you to see what the examiners are looking for (if you use mark schemes as well).

Far enough, I think I'll do some later on. After I'm done with my revision.

I'm pretty scared of the paper. Just need to get C the least to get A overall, but I'm hoping for an A yet I'm still not fully prepared.
You can't really revise for it per se, but I've found the prospect of comprehension a little less daunting after doing a few past papers. Every one is completely different, I just think you need to realise how carefully you need to read the questions in order to answer correctly.
If you're not ready for the main paper, prepare for that as that is worth 72 whereas the comp is only 18 - and you could mess up/do brilliantly on that one because of the topic, regardless of how you did on past papers.
Has anyone got the comprehension for june 08?
nishantkhataniar
At least that was easy :p:

i find i do better on the interesting ones like sudoku and communication with extraterrestrial life (which i both got full marks on). the others i didn't do so well in, like the one about waves :sigh:

scaryhair
Has anyone got the comprehension for june 08?

it's on the mei website, that was the sudoku one.
Ben_Broadhurst

it's on the mei website, that was the sudoku one.

Maybe I'm just being stupid but I can't find it - all I can see is the main paper and the instructions to the comprehension, not the actual paper.
scaryhair
Maybe I'm just being stupid but I can't find it - all I can see is the main paper and the instructions to the comprehension, not the actual paper.

it's in the same pdf file if you scroll down you'll see it
Ben_Broadhurst
it's in the same pdf file if you scroll down you'll see it

It isn't for me...have checked the main paper PDF and the instructions PDF.
thank god im doing aqa maths, its easy as a ho.
scaryhair
It isn't for me...have checked the main paper PDF and the instructions PDF.

i've attached it. it's may 2008 btw
Ben_Broadhurst
i've attached it. it's may 2008 btw

Thank you muchly...will rep tomorrow.

Latest