The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lil_crazyflakes
`You tend to say 'aww', or kind of laugh nervously before trying to change the subject.

:eek: yeh but shh!!! lol
Reply 21
when someone looks down to the left they are supposed to be lieing/making it up. When they look up and to the right they are supposed to be remembering something. Dont ask me what it means when they look up to the left or down to the right :p:
chrisgill369
when someone looks down to the left they are supposed to be lieing/making it up. When they look up and to the right they are supposed to be remembering something. Dont ask me what it means when they look up to the left or down to the right :p:

i think this rule is the opposite if the person is left-handed :cool: ...................good luck trying to figure it out
maybe keeping there arms crossed or covering their body. Usually if you are being open, you're hands are open- if that makes sense.
Also a dead give away is obviously if they blush.
depends if theyre a seasoned lier or not and who you are to them. if you're not important and the lie isn't you can spot it a mile off...if they care about you they will try and be more convincing and you might want to believe them too. that whole negotiator 'look to the left is a lie....' it takes a long time to be able to detect small changes. also if someone believes their own lie their reactions will be that of telling the truth...it's very hard unless you can lie well yourself to see if someone's telling a porky..
Reply 25
One way is to follow the person constantly, use mind scanners to find out what they're thinking and ritually subject them to torture and beatings. if you don't find out if they're lying that way, you'll never be able to tell.
Hayley_2k4
By looking at there body language? I’ve always been interested in topics like this. So I thought I would hear what you all have to say. :p:

xxx

My philosophy is that it can be quite obvious when someone is lying...particularly so if you know a person and his mannerisms in different contexts well. I really just cannot lie to my mum, especially when you know she will be expecting a lie, or yourself expecting her to know you are lying. When a lie isn't justified to be suspected, then lies are extremely difficult to pin-point. When anticipated lies, well twitchy face...or perhaps keeping so serious and dead-pan that you look so obviously trying at maintaining a look and sound of honesty. Its a difficult one....but my face creases usually, then i start to smile and smirk, then laugh, because the other person has smiled and knows i was lying. I don't lie about horrible, serious things...thats why...even then, i wouldn't be able to keep a straight face...its pyschological and much easier over the phone to tell justified porkies....when attempting (but often miserably failing) to tell a lie, i try to think of serious stuff, like a funeral, to keep a straight face...but not to straight mind! :smile:

Ahh the complexities of human interaction - i never lie because my lies are never believed!
Reply 27
if they look up it means they are searching in their brain for somethign to say.. or something. and also if they cant look you in the eye, thats normal. think about it, when you have conversations with people about something totally normal, you dont look them directly in the eye do you? keep a LOT of eye contact shows they are aware of lying and want to cover it up by maintaining eye contact with you.

Latest

Trending

Trending