The Student Room Group

I'm scared of getting arranged marriage

I'm a female and they don't listen to my online dating

They may find it easy to influence, manipulate, play games

The thing is if I call the police saying they never asked for my permission and I never said they will be sky saying they want to help me

But if I lie if im seeing someone can they go to the police and say I'm play games, proof I'm lying? They got proof of lying, but I may lie out of fear
Reply 1
They can't force you to marry someone.
Reply 2
But what if they say im lying and proof I'm lying?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
But what if they say im lying and proof I'm lying?

They cannot force you into a marriage. If they say you wanted the marriage say you changed your mind. And at the ceremony just dont say "I do" or whatever you say in your culture
Reply 5

Thanks, but what if they say I'm lying about having a guy and here is the proof, arrest her?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, but what if they say I'm lying about having a guy and here is the proof, arrest her?

They won't :smile:
Reply 7
Always trust your gut instinct and put your safety first. :smile:

You have the freedom to decide whether you want to get married and if so when & to whom.
You can choose to let everyone know that you disagree with arranged marriage and would never consider one.
You can keep your private life private and let your family & friends know that you are focusing on your career/education/finances, with no plans to consider marriage for a few years.

It is not illegal to have a bf, not date or decide not to get married.
Forced marriage is illegal.
As is harassment, assault, sending abusive or threatening messages, domestic abuse through coercive and controlling behaviour.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending