The Student Room Group

Going off on a tangent...

Help needed guys!

This seemed a good idea at the time, but oh dear I am worried now. I had some history exams today and I wrote the essays getting in all the factors I could think of etc etc, but I went off on tangents. I kept making links to the credit crunch today, and how those lessons learnt in the past should be useful to the Labour government of today in solving their issues and stuff.

I've had a mixed reaction to this, some people saying its good- its irrelevant so wont make much difference but perhaps give the essay a personal tone. Whereas others saying this is bad, its not related to the question and may irritate the examiners.

Help please :o: Is it bad to make modern references?
Reply 1
iPod
Help needed guys!

This seemed a good idea at the time, but oh dear I am worried now. I had some history exams today and I wrote the essays getting in all the factors I could think of etc etc, but I went off on tangents. I kept making links to the credit crunch today, and how those lessons learnt in the past should be useful to the Labour government of today in solving their issues and stuff.

I've had a mixed reaction to this, some people saying its good- its irrelevant so wont make much difference but perhaps give the essay a personal tone. Whereas others saying this is bad, its not related to the question and may irritate the examiners.

The examiner has a mark scheme....it doesn't give models answers for subjects like History, Economics Etc...so your best bet is to still to the syllabus...that way the examiner has no reason to deduct marks...
iPod
Help needed guys!

I personally think that it is a bad idea at A level because the structure is so rigid.

Latest

Trending

Trending