The Student Room Group

Hypnopsychotherapy? UKCP training options

Hello!

I’m currently researching various psychotherapy training courses (all UKCP 4 year). I’ve come across a Hypnopsychotherapy course with NCHP that looks interesting but Hypnopsychotherapy seems to be a bit of an outlier in the therapeutic world. Any advice or input please? The other course I’m looking at is TA so very different. Thanks
Original post by Rogerswasright
Hello!

I’m currently researching various psychotherapy training courses (all UKCP 4 year). I’ve come across a Hypnopsychotherapy course with NCHP that looks interesting but Hypnopsychotherapy seems to be a bit of an outlier in the therapeutic world. Any advice or input please? The other course I’m looking at is TA so very different. Thanks

One of my lecturers at uni once went off on a tangent about hypnosis, about how it was big when she was a student but that the world has largely moved on from it these days. I had a check and in some pretty exceptional circumstances, you can get hypnotherapy in the NHS but it's almost unheard of.

The jump between hypnotherapy and being a teaching assistant seems quite big though... have you checked other types of therapist you can maybe become?
Original post by Scotland Yard
One of my lecturers at uni once went off on a tangent about hypnosis, about how it was big when she was a student but that the world has largely moved on from it these days. I had a check and in some pretty exceptional circumstances, you can get hypnotherapy in the NHS but it's almost unheard of.

The jump between hypnotherapy and being a teaching assistant seems quite big though... have you checked other types of therapist you can maybe become?

Ah sorry, no, TA stood for transactional analysis! My bad! That’s really tickled me though :biggrin:

Yes, that was my feeling re: the hypnosis. Thank you for confirming. Ooh it’s so hard to pick a modality! I like TA but do worry it’s going to feel overly directive.

Quick Reply

Latest