The Student Room Group

Digital experiences and technology for studying!

Is there any digital programmes you currently use to help you study?

Do you prefer laptops, tablets, smartphones, or something else? How do they help you with your learning goals?

Is there any cool tech which you are excited about in the future?

Universities are continuously looking at the digital experience. We are Earlier this academic year, almost 1,000 of our students took part in JISC’s UK-wide student digital experience survey (SDEI). This has provided us with a wealth of data on how our students use, and rate, our digital environment and services.

- Luke
My school issues laptops to all students. In some ways, it's really helpful. Makes writing essays a lot easier. But I found that I learned and revised better before we had them, I think. I always end up going off on tangents on Wikipedia now.
OneNote is also the worst note taking software I've ever used, and we do almost all of our learning on it.
Original post by skullgunk04
My school issues laptops to all students. In some ways, it's really helpful. Makes writing essays a lot easier. But I found that I learned and revised better before we had them, I think. I always end up going off on tangents on Wikipedia now.
OneNote is also the worst note taking software I've ever used, and we do almost all of our learning on it.

Oh wow, I think having laptops back when I was at school would of been so beneficial as I really struggled with writing (still do!) so doing essays would of been so much nicer for me. I'm with you on the revising part too! There is someone about using physical resources to revise which seems to help remember things, rather than as you said going on Wikipedia tangents!

OneNote when it started was amazing but it's had any proper developments over the years. Does your school not have an online portal instead? It's crazy how the school experience has changed in such a short time though. We just about had good school PC's 10 years ago!

- Luke

Quick Reply

Latest