The Student Room Group
University of York
York

That was cruel!

I had my first English exam this afternoon - thus I'm sure most other offer holders also had their first English exams today, too. Just before I left the house I logged on to my computer to read through some notes I'd saved and I checked my emails - the English department at York had sent out a lot of information about all the amazing things I'll be able to do when I start the course - y'know, provided I didn't completely throw this exam first! The timing just seemed quite (unintentionally) cruel... did any of you get the same pack? What do you think of the texts? Have any of you already read/loved/hated them already?
Reply 1
Think of it as more to look forward to. You've done the exam, all you can do is hope for the best. :console:
University of York
York
Yeah, I got that email... I suppose they wanted to make buying all the texts a bit easier, so we didn't have to buy them and read them all in between results day and October. My mum's already bought me a couple of the big anthologies so if I miss my grades it's just going to be like arrrggghh!

I absolutely love the York English course. It looks so interesting from the email and that's just the first module, so it will be even better when we get to pick our own options! Are you thinking of choosing the Victorian or the American module in the first year?
Reply 3
I'd like to get something from York, but nothing so far apart from letters

Latest

Trending

Trending