The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
That would be excellent - I always want to know what's happening in my home town!
Anyone here from the Punjab?

Jai Hind!
Reply 442
AtSnIaB-42

Jai Hind!

Hi
Can you introduce yourself please? :smile: Are you basically from India? Would you like to join our group? We are trying to make it as strong as possible with countless people :biggrin:
Reply 443
AtSnIaB-42

Jai Hind!

ya im but from the Pakistani Punjab.
hi Abhinaya how r u sorry i couldnt reply u earlier im planning to post a comprehensive reply of ur Q anywayz i have request can u plz put capital P of Pakistan in ur memmbers list.
Thanks
Janealam
Reply 444
I like Indians. they are nice people. =)
lol.....generalisation!!!
Reply 446
We should make this a proper society with a picture! :biggrin:
Reply 447
Hi Abhinaya how r u.
Well to ur Q how ppl feel abt Indians here n hows the atmosphere.
Well things have changed a lot in the past couple of weeks as u know too there r now much more people to people contacts every second day delegations r going to India n delegations coming from India.
Just today PM Manmohan Singh said that both Pakistan n India r talking on road link between Kargil n Skurdu so u can guess things r definitely heading in a positive direction coz Kargil was the reason of last fight between two nations.
People do want trade with India they don’t want educational contacts I mean if u ask me I don’t whether ur aware of it or not but a institution in India “Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA)” im a big fan of IIMA’s MBA program if situation cool down between two nations n we have a forever peace condition then Paki students have another excellent choice to do their further studies I know its already tough to get in as like 500 or 1000 students compete for a place but im just giving u an example same is the case with Lahore University for Management Science (LUMS). Business Week ranked it 4th best MBA program in Asia students from India can come to Pakistan.
As u said in post on the other thread a friend of my bro was in India recently n when he said to the honor of the store that he is from Lahore almost everyone In the store both customer n employees surrounded him n he was given special treatment just coz he was a Lahori n ppl asking him different Qs like how can they come to Lahore n things like that?
I mean that was something lovely to hear.
On the other hand when Indian team was in Pakistan u cant believe the atmosphere n the love given to Indian team on their visit n especially to Indian visitors u wont believe they didn’t stay at hotels but at the Pakistanis took them to their houses at atmosphere was phenomenal then n everyone was happy that things getting better.
But at the same time they were angry too on the reaction on Indian crowd in Delhi when India lost the match n there were talks what we did n what we r getting in return Pakistanis even did fireworks when we lost I mean PCB had criticism on their act but as that was a friendship series they wanted to do everything they can but indeed we didn’t get the response we were thinking of anywayz
I hope this peace process is irreversible as politicians r saying n things will get to forever peace but still to all Pakistanis the all important issue is of Kashmir they want the resolution of Kashmir dispute I mean others things should move in tandem but they cannot expect all this without the resolution of Kashmir.
The Huriat leaders r in Pakistan these days that’s a big change in itself so people r hoping for the best there is nothing else they can do n they believe this decades all animosity should come to an end.
Couple of days back BJP leader went back to India from a week long Pakistani tour n he had to resign on his statements here I mean it give impression to Pakistanis that perhaps people in India r still not willing for friendship or perhaps this is something they don’t want but I believe if we r able to put such extremists n politicians whether they r from India or Pakistan who r don’t want these two nations don’t join hand n the resolution of all the disputes if we r able to do so then wherever we are whether its Pakistan, India, Europe or USA we will be able to live like Bhai Bhai as u said.
Pakistan n India r two realities but we can live together work together n move ahead infact I was watching an interview few days back I don’t remember the guest but he said that if Pakistan n India join hands together they can Challenge China I mean even that’s just a thought that’s big thing.
U wont find another example in the world like Pakistan N India two countries with same culture not exactly but have a lot in common then languages understandable by both we wear same clothes eat same food I mean if these two nations cant move ahead joining hands then no two nations in the world can. Anywayz I guess that’s enough or it will get more n more political:biggrin:
But its always nice meeting people like u who do want these two countries to live in peace n people to live like Bhai Bhai.

Thanks
Janealam
Abhinaya
Hi
Can you introduce yourself please? :smile: Are you basically from India? Would you like to join our group? We are trying to make it as strong as possible with countless people :biggrin:

I am what i beleive is desribed as an NRI living in England. My family is from the Punjab and err... yes i'd like to join the fun here. Not sure what else to say.

Namaskar
Reply 449
I'm an NRI too! Wahey! I do miss India though... :frown:
Reply 450
Adhsur
We should make this a proper society with a picture! :biggrin:

Yeah. That's a good idea. I'd leave it to our members for the picture selection. Could you help me in selecting nice pictures or logos for our Soc? It's time for TOGETHER work :biggrin:
henryt
I'm an NRI too! Wahey! I do miss India though... :frown:

Yeeh and me. Going to India in the summer i hope.
Dilara
I like Indians. they are nice people. =)

you are quite right in sayign Indians are nice people.
Reply 453
AtSnIaB-42
Yeeh and me. Going to India in the summer i hope.

Wuaaw, Which places are you gonna visit in India? If you need to know more about those places or any info don't hesitate to post a message :smile: We can guide you.
Reply 454
Sound guys,

Only realised this was here! All I got to say is remote control in original wrapper and Balle Balle!!!
Reply 455
Janealams
Hi Abhinaya how r u.
Well to ur Q how ppl feel abt Indians here n hows the atmosphere.

Such a great explanation :smile: Thanks a lot Janealams. I am fine thanks and how about you? I personally congratulate for the time and patience writing about many facts that we are not aware of. I feel atleast we as responsible citizens, can't wait till both the countries get into good realation. It's better atleast we form up groups like this though small but, the strongest ones. Gather lots and lots of friends exchange our views and understand what's happening on both sides. One day soon is ahead of us to celebrate together :biggrin:
I wish to see you soon in IIMA. Keep writing more. Your contributions are more precious for us. Also, It would be very interesting if you can explain something about your culture.
Reply 456
jr2007
Sound guys,

Only realised this was here! All I got to say is remote control in original wrapper and Balle Balle!!!

Hi Mr. Gentleman :wink:
Welcome to Indian Friends group and where do you come from? Could you please introduce yourself to our group? :wink:
Abhinaya
Wuaaw, Which places are you gonna visit in India? If you need to know more about those places or any info don't hesitate to post a message :smile: We can guide you.

I hope to visit Wagah, Goa some hill station in HP i think and obvoiusly friends and family around the punjab. I'm not sure what else to do really.

By far though i think the most exciting part will be going to see the flag lowering ceremony at Wagah, It'll be the closest to Pakistaqn I'll have ever been.

I kno it sounds a bit corny but i feel a kind of inexplicable love for our neighbours across the border, and its my most sincere hope that relations between the two great nations may contnue to strengthen

Kahsmir is definitely that something that'll probably need resolving at some point in the near future - but i suppose that'll be Allah/Waheguru's marji at the end of the day.

So if you've got any good ideas on where to go while im over in India all the suggestions would be much appreciated.
Reply 458
Hey Friends,
Shahrukh is gonna attend a special show of Swadesh movie in Paris the coming teusday :smile: wooo, Finally gotta see him in Paris far away from our country. :biggrin:
Abhinaya
Hey Friends,
Shahrukh is gonna attend a special show of Swadesh movie in Paris the coming teusday :smile: wooo, Finally gotta see him in Paris far away from our country. :biggrin:

Swadesh is a great film.

Latest