The Student Room Group

How do I ask out this girl I barely know?

I'm a supermarket delivery driver and this colleague also works in the warehouse behind the store but is a picker and sorter.

She's very good looking and I've always fancied her, however we've had very little interaction in the two years that I've been there. She would smile at me if we made eye contact and had the occasional verbal exchange but really that's it. In fact, in all that time I never even caught her name until a couple of weeks ago when I overheard another colleague call her by it and I then found her on Facebook (she accepted my friend request).

Given that I'm out most of the day, I don't see her very often anyway and we have rarely if ever had a real opportunity to stop and chat. It hasn't helped that there were sometimes periods of weeks and even months when I didn't see her at all. However, now I finally have the means to contact her on social media, I thought maybe it might be nice to message her and try to get to know her a little more, possibly ask her out. What could I say though? And how could I build up to it? Thanks for any advice!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a supermarket delivery driver and this colleague also works in the warehouse behind the store but is a picker and sorter.

She's very good looking and I've always fancied her, however we've had very little interaction in the two years that I've been there. She would smile at me if we made eye contact and had the occasional verbal exchange but really that's it. In fact, in all that time I never even caught her name until a couple of weeks ago when I overheard another colleague call her by it and I then found her on Facebook (she accepted my friend request).

Given that I'm out most of the day, I don't see her very often anyway and we have rarely if ever had a real opportunity to stop and chat. It hasn't helped that there were sometimes periods of weeks and even months when I didn't see her at all. However, now I finally have the means to contact her on social media, I thought maybe it might be nice to message her and try to get to know her a little more, possibly ask her out. What could I say though? And how could I build up to it? Thanks for any advice!

Try asking her about her when her next shift is, and if she wants to grab a coffee with you afterwards. Here, you can talk to each other and get to know more about her. Keep it informal (not classing it as a 'date') as I would recommend getting to know her better before trying to make any moves on her.

Hope this helps

- Taylor :tongue:
Reply 2
It is positive that she accepted a friend request, but I would be cautious about social media. Messaging someone to ask them out seldom seems to work well and the wait after you send such a message is excruciating. Maybe like and comment on some of her posts and also try to get an opportunity to chat with her at work. You need to get an idea if the attraction is mutual and then ask her out

You walk up to her and say , fancy an Indian? ( the food )

Worked for del trotter .

Do you have any mutual friends / colleagues you could get more information on her? I'd definitely find out some more background about her before going in all guns blazing. Try and find out what she thinks about you... generally what you've described is good (e.g. she smiles at you, she accepted your friend request... even though you were kinda sneaky about it :wink: ). A good sign would be if you come up in conversation from time-to-time.

On the other hand, she is, as you say, very good looking... so the reality is that there are probably other guys interested in her (if she doesn't already have a boyfriend). And some people are quite "laissez-faire" about Facebook or Instagram requests, as, simply put... the more friends or followers they have, the more popular they are. The main thing you wanna do is try and build up a rapport with her, so you can legitimately find out more about her. Could you start a work WhatsApp chat group? Arrange a group social?

Original post by Micromanager
You walk up to her and say , fancy an Indian? ( the food )

Worked for del trotter .

But Rodney did / said the same thing the next day... and he got a slap around the face for his efforts ,:slap:

Hey man - youve seen her for 2 years and you have had no proper convos? Best thing to do I say would just be to tell her that your into her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending