The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

chandni
anyone know of any shops on the net where I can buy an emergency Indian Outfit for a wedding in 2 weeks time i really can't be bothered with a trip to wembley or southall!! Where I might not even fit something that fits me!!

i dont think getting an outfit from the net is very wise as it probably be really hard to know whether something would fit you or not - you cant really tell untill youre acctually there trying the stuff on...
Reply 581
englishstudent
I have just watched this! I have been meaning to for a long time but I just got round to it. I think it's fantastic - it's quite sad but I love the music. Also the political message is very important. When I went to India back in March there seemed to be a lot of attempts to improve relations between India and Pakistan.

Oh heyyy...I watched it yesterday...again :smile:

The music is the best part, actually...nothing sad about it . :p: My favourite song is Do Pal...Sonu Nigam's sung it with so much emotion...really nice.

I liked the way Tere Liye was shot...

Oh did you like SRK's poem towards the end? "Mein qaidie number 786..."?

It's quite touching... :biggrin:

Oh...who saw the match todaaaaaaay? I'm so glad we won :biggrin:

Did anyone see Yuvraj Singh swear? He screamed out "Bench*t" when he scored a 100. :love:

Even Irfan Pathan got quite agressive when he took a wicket...

hmmm
HARE KRISHNA!! does ne1 else here go 2 da reaaaaaaaalllly big Janamashtami festival in Watford, London????! :biggrin:
Reply 583
I mean to go every year but i alwaysend up doing something else i might try and make a point if going this year though...when is it exactly?
Reply 584
pagal kuri
HARE KRISHNA!! does ne1 else here go 2 da reaaaaaaaalllly big Janamashtami festival in Watford, London????! :biggrin:

Jai Shri Krishna
Yea me and my family go to the janamashtami festival at the ISKCON mandir.
have any of you guys and girls got the ISKCON janamashtami card, its very nice this year :smile:
Did anyone go to the ratha yatra in central london, that was gd too see - gathering of hindus and non hindus learning both about the hindu religion and the indian culture !
TC
Sumit
Reply 585
sumitk87
Jai Shri Krishna
Yea me and my family go to the janamashtami festival at the ISKCON mandir.
have any of you guys and girls got the ISKCON janamashtami card, its very nice this year :smile:
Did anyone go to the ratha yatra in central london, that was gd too see - gathering of hindus and non hindus learning both about the hindu religion and the indian culture !
TC
Sumit

yayy :biggrin: Never been to London janmashtami celebrations but in Paris, I find many french people doing bhajans singing Hare Krishna that's a bit funny. lol !

Hmm.. other than that we follow the chariot and on the way we are served with lots of food stuff free offered by some Indian shops. Laddus,Rose milk, Mango juice, lemon rice, etc etc... hehehe....
Reply 586
Abhinaya
yayy :biggrin: Never been to London janmashtami celebrations but in Paris, i find many french people doing bhajans singing Hare Krishna that's a bit funny. lol !

Hmm.. other than that we follow the chariot and on the way we are served with lots of food stuff free offered by some Indian shops. Laddus,Rose milk, Mango juice, lemon rice, etc etc... hehehe....

COME OOONN INDIAAA !!! WE ARE GONNA BE THE WINNERS TODAY :cheers:
CRICKET FINALS : INDIA Vs SRILANKA
Reply 587
urgh...y r we sooo crap and please god sum1 drop zaheer khan from the team!!!
Reply 588
chandni
urgh...y r we sooo crap and please god sum1 drop zaheer khan from the team!!!

hahaha.... as usual our final match tradition rules. :biggrin:
dpali
Oh heyyy...I watched it yesterday...again :smile:

The music is the best part, actually...nothing sad about it . :p: My favourite song is Do Pal...Sonu Nigam's sung it with so much emotion...really nice.

I liked the way Tere Liye was shot...

Oh did you like SRK's poem towards the end? "Mein qaidie number 786..."?

It's quite touching... :biggrin:

Yeah the songs are amazing! :biggrin: I like Do Pal too as well as Mein Yahaan Hoon. The poem was really good but I have to rely on subtitles and the translations are sometimes not very good. I sort of translate the subtitles in my head a bit if that makes sense. I liked the idea of him being "God's own man" because of the number. It was sweet the way the prison guard defended him in court too.

Also the parts in Veer's village were filmed really near to where I went for a while in India. I stayed in a little village called Sudana in the Punjab and the fields and the way they were laid out were JUST like in the film.
Reply 590
hey guys
iam divya from new delhi
iam going to start at the LSE in sept 2005. is anyone going to study there from india as well? if yes... pls get in touch with me!
cheers
divya
Reply 591
divisri
hey guys
iam divya from new delhi
iam going to start at the LSE in sept 2005. is anyone going to study there from india as well? if yes... pls get in touch with me!
cheers
divya

Hey Divya,
Congrats for getting your admission in LSE. Yeah, there are some of our members who are going to LSE this september. You may try to contact Dpali going to do her Grad there i suppose. She's gonna be there. Wish you all the best. There are going to be loads of Indians this year. Guess it would be a mini India. lol !
Reply 592
Ahh, Everyone sleeping well? :p: WAKE UP ! WAKE UP ! It's time to post on :tsr: INDIAN FRIENDS GROUP. waaheeyy !!! The place where you can share everything. :biggrin:

uahauaha.... Dunn worry. It's just an Indian TSR advertisement like in the INDIAN Television. arrggh ! There will be 30 ads in a 30 minutes soap. lollll ! Here we go now. Any new Desi Advertisements? uhm... uhmmm....
Reply 593
some of those adds on indian tv really make me giggle coz their so bad!!!
Reply 594
Hurraaay... Congrats !!! to Anju Bobby George(India's long jumper) for standing 5th in the World Athletics Championship at Helsinki.
It was damn cold climatic conditions which stood as a barrier for Anju to perform well. Anyways, Anju you always have good spirits and determination. You will definetely do it next time. :biggrin:
Reply 595
Hi
my name is divya and iam from new delhi, india
i start at LSE this sept.
is anyone from india goin to LSE this fall as well?
get in touch with me at [email protected]

cheers
divya
chandni
some of those adds on indian tv really make me giggle coz their so bad!!!

I loved the Oye Bubbly Pepsi advert with Shahrukh Khan! :biggrin:
anyone seen the advert with ashwariya rai? i think it was Loreal/ makeup or something..she looks gorgeous in it!!
PennyRoyalTea
anyone seen the advert with ashwariya rai? i think it was Loreal/ makeup or something..she looks gorgeous in it!!

Yeah, I think so! Hasn't it been on in England?

Edit: You might have meant you saw it in England actually. :redface:
Reply 599
englishstudent
I loved the Oye Bubbly Pepsi advert with Shahrukh Khan! :biggrin:

Have you heard the Oye Bubbly song? Faster than the jingle. It's by Vishal-Shekhar and it's pretty cool. Amitabh Bachchan sings it. I'm bored of it now but I used to like it when it first came out.

I'm sure all of you are fond of Punjabi music. Has anyone heard of Rabbi Shergill? He's got an amazing voice. Download "Bulla ki Jaana" and "Jugni-ko". Don't mistake them for the balle balle trash. Really good music... :rolleyes: well it also depends on your taste...some of my friends don't like it. :eek:

I have a hard time trying to understand what he's talking about and can make out only part of the song but I loooooove his voice.

Latest