The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Presuming you wana do maths at uni u don't need no work experience and that, physics on the other hand if you wanna get into stuff like engineering you'll just have to go around the relevant companies that offer a placement could be useful, but otherwise can't really help much. Search the threads, im sure there's been a thread like this pretty recently.
Reply 2
See if there are any research institutions around that might be willing to take you. I luckily live near Rutherford Appleton Labs and Diamond, so it was pretty 'easy' for me to find suitable work experience.
Reply 3
You don't need any for these subjects at university... I'm applying for PhDs in these subjects and don't have anything to my name except the odd tutoring and good exam marks, and can still realistically expect to get a good position.

If you know what you want to do afterwards (ie. outside academia) then it's never too early to try and get experience but for academia all you need is good grades, a good interest in the subject and the knowledge that at some point in your degree (not yet) you should get into tutoring (maybe students in the year below).
Reply 4
RaJz92
Could you please tell me the name of employers who provide work experience placement which are relevant to these subjects?

Reply ASAP!!!!

why dont you try rolls royce the summer plaements are all over, however you could apply to one of the gap year ones. just visit the rolls royce website
Reply 5
Your local uni physics department might take you - maybe it'd be a bit boring though, no idea what they'd have you doing. I think that is sort of true for all work experience placements though.

Latest