The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jonnyofengland
I never said it was, just that there were clearly two mutually exclusive yet popular ideas being shown here.

For better or worse, I certainly don't fall into the group this chap describes :p:
What an uninteresting story
"Today he is the talk of Tokyo, Wall Street and the City. Fund managers, CEOs and analysts are poring over his report"

What a joke.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know all this.
PlanetTea
"Today he is the talk of Tokyo, Wall Street and the City. Fund managers, CEOs and analysts are poring over his report"

What a joke.

This is hardly ground breaking research.
"the world according to Mathew Robson"
he's not Jeremy Clarkson for crying out loud
:lolwut:
Its a load of crap:

Radio With online sites streaming music for free they do not bother, as services such as last.fm do this advert free and users can choose the songs they want instead of listening to what the radio presenter/DJ chooses

I always listen to the radio its the way i get introduced to new music and get a bit of comedy from the DJ's, its great.

Music They are very reluctant to pay for it (most having never bought a CD) Teenagers from higher income families use iPods and those from lower income families use mobile phones

hummm iPods are so cheap now anyone can afford one. As for this "most having never bought a CD" I can guarantee that most teenagers have brought a CD in their lives.

Cinema Teenagers visit the cinema more often when they are in the lower end of teendom but as they approach 15 they go to the cinema a lot less. This is because of the pricing; at 15 they have to pay the adult price. Also it is possible to buy a pirated DVD of the film at the time of release, and these cost much less than a cinema ticket

I love going to the cinema so i don't really know what he's chatting about. Pirated DVD's, especially those that are out when in the cinema are crap quality, so not worth the money.

Mobile phones The general view is that Sony Ericsson phones are superior, because of their long list of features, built-in Walkman capacity and value

I don't think this is true at all. The phone everyone wants is a iPhone and a lot of my friends have samsungs so....yeah.
Load of toss.
If that's all it takes to "amaze" bankers they'd probably drop dead if they were presented with some of my (worthwhile) insights.
Bateman
No wonder we're in a recession, if the bankers were amazed by this common knowledge then they must be retards.

:laugh:
Are suits really that out of touch? Have they ever heard of market research? Jeez, i'm pretty sure everyone on TSR knows what this guy wrote.
Reply 130
Lessthanzero
You seem content at arguing the irrelalitive, illegal downloads from Bit Torrents are causing the industry to contract, there is no way you can deny that its happening. People are never going to turn a subscription based site if they can get it for free. It dose not matter if the CD is obsolete morally you should download as legally for anyone to do so.
Ive checked you posts, you seem to make a habit of arguing with people, im no longer checking this thread so argue all you want against a brick wall.

"I'm not arguing with you because a) I know I am wrong and b) I can't make a concise point...But I won't admit that. I'll just say I don't want to argue with you because you're a bit of an a-hole".

I know you said you won't check this thread again, and I am certain you won't be replying to this post. But I know you're reading this you tool. You can't resist. Curiosity has got the best of you. Pathetic.
Reply 131
TBH, the reason it reached 6 times the normal ammount of interest is because research papers don't get any interest. This was a peice of work done by a 16 year old, oh no sorry, 15 years and 7 month old on his work experience.

The media are hyping everything up, as always.
Joseph90

He says console games are almost impossible to obtain for free. Many people I know download their games and put them on to disc for a "chipped" console.

To be fair, with this current gen, pirating console games is a lot more rare. The PS3 is not cracked yet, and while the 360 has been, you get banned from Live, so it hasn't really taken on past the geek crowd (like PS1 and PS2 chipping did). Not sure about the wii.
jonnyofengland
Half of the replies here say he's stating the obvious, and the other half point out flaws where he was wrong.

Surely that doesn't work... :s-smilie:

I said I didn't fit the stereotype he suggests but that doesn't mean I think what he is saying is false :dontknow:
That kid has a real talent.................for stating the obvious :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending