The Student Room Group

help age gap

ive been speaking to this guy for like a week n i know hes 20 and im 15 and idrc abt that bc i thought we were just going to be friends but he told me he kind of liked me and idk what to do bc im still doing my gsces and hes in uni & everything ? is a 5 yr age gap too much? should i reject him..?
It’s weird on his behalf, especially if his intent is to be in a sexual relationship (which is what I’m assuming is implied) as at the moment you are not 16 and so cannot legally provide consent. It’s best to stop contact and block him if there are no implications to doing so.
Reply 2
he says that he doesn't want a sexual relationship + that he's going to wait for me to be older but it just feels wrong? i dont know
Original post by Anonymous #1
he says that he doesn't want a sexual relationship + that he's going to wait for me to be older but it just feels wrong? i dont know

It’s not normal, you’re both at very different stages in your life and to me it sounds like he’s trying to almost groom you. No normal 20 year old would ask a 15 year old to be in a relationship and you may not understand that now but for you sake, please, avoid him and perhaps talk to some adults or trusted friends as they will probably tell you the same thing.
Reply 4
it's like i can't really tell anyone bc my parents r super strict and if they find out ive been. in contact with a guy outside of skl let alone a 20 yr old id get in huge trouble & if i told s trusted adult my family would most likely find out either way... i'll just block him n avoid him for now
Reply 5
ive been speaking to this guy for like a week n i know hes 20 and im 15 and idrc abt that bc i thought we were just going to be friends but he told me he kind of liked me and idk what to do bc im still doing my gsces and hes in uni & everything ? is a 5 yr age gap too much? should i reject him..?

It's not so much the age gap as the age of the youngest person in the situation. 15 is far too young to be involved with an adult; how would you feel if you had a brother of 20 involved with a 15yo? Have you even met him in real life or facetimed, because he might be even older?

Yes, block him and have nothing more to do with him.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia

It's not so much the age gap as the age of the youngest person in the situation. 15 is far too young to be involved with an adult; how would you feel if you had a brother of 20 involved with a 15yo? Have you even met him in real life or facetimed, because he might be even older?

Yes, block him and have nothing more to do with him.

i blocked him thank you all for the advice 💗
hes a huge red flag youll be thanking yourself youve blocked him. what a weirdo asking a 15 year old to be in a relationship that in itself is a blood red flag
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3
hes a huge red flag youll be thanking yourself youve blocked him. what a weirdo asking a 15 year old to be in a relationship that in itself is a blood red flag

he sent me a text while i was in skl begging me to say that i wanted him to be my man :/ i hope i did the right thing
Don’t even be friends with him.
he sent me a text while i was in skl begging me to say that i wanted him to be my man :/ i hope i did the right thing

just ignore. and make yourself busy by doing something else so you can take your mind off this lunatic. i would say watch a kdrama on netflix!

You did the right thing. Good job. Never speak to him again he is strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending