Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

After uni how much debt are you looking at.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you recieve the maximum loans and doing a four year course. Taking intto account interest rates and inflation ?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on where you're studying.

ReputationRep:
    Weell about £3225 for each year of the course.
    And then like you get about three grand of the loan if you get most of it and that for each year, so quite a lot of money!

ReputationRep:
    at a uni open day they said it the whole thing should cost you around £9000 per year. So take off any grants etc u might get then that will leave u with the possible debt left over.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've got about £23,000. Ish.

ReputationRep:
    a lot.

ReputationRep:
    32k when i finish if not more

ReputationRep:
    Depends if youre living away from home, outside or in london, doing a placement mine is approx -

Year 1 £6,600
    Year 2 £6,800
    Year 3 £1,200
    Year 4 £7,000

So £22,500 approx.

ReputationRep:
    er around £25,000 but thats because my current degree is 5yrs long (4yrs + placement) and i did 2 years of another degree before starting ugh im so glad my overdraft is relatively small in comparison to other student's and that i dont have credit cards to worry about too.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even want to think about it tbh. Rent cancels out the London grant, and I have an extra £1500 to make up. And that's just on rent. Dude :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    bare.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    about 20 grand i think. =/ too much lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    I don't even want to think about it tbh.
    Me neither.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully, if i run away to canada after i graduate, and the red tape works in my favour, zero! :P

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget credit cards!

ReputationRep:
    If I'd have stayed at Sussex, around £24k, not including money from my parents. Fortunately I'm starting an NHS course this Sept and only owe about 7k :o:

ReputationRep:
    My fees are only 1,500 thanks to being Welsh and going to a Welsh Uni
    You don't need an overdraft - GET-A-JOB

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    My fees are only 1,500 thanks to being Welsh and going to a Welsh Uni
    You don't need an overdraft - GET-A-JOB
    Have you tried getting a job lately? I've been looking for about a year and I've had nothing :/

I dread to think how much it's going to cost me. Got a placement year, plus I'll have an LPC at the end, which is about £9k.

*shudder*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Have you tried getting a job lately? I've been looking for about a year and I've had nothing :/

I dread to think how much it's going to cost me. Got a placement year, plus I'll have an LPC at the end, which is about £9k.

*shudder*

Yep, I just got a part time job in Admiral call centre. I applied to 50 places. Just takes a bit of determination.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.