The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could do a 'things I wish I'd remembered/ thought to take to university' gift too. Might amount to a more functional gift though, e.g. scissors, cellotape, spirits etc.
Reply 2
Give 'em the gift that just keeps giving.

Clamidya.
Best thing to get them would be cups, knifes and forks.
Will look a bit cheap but they ALWAYS get lost or smashed no matter how many you have.
Reply 4
A baby.
Reply 5
Maybe a letter, well written and on nice paper, and a scrapbook, filled with pictures of you both, and some places for putting more things in. Perhaps you could get a plain scrapbook and decorate it yourself?
Also, you could get her a little box to put things in or something, like things off your trips out together, or a picture frame and get one of the best pictures of you both to put in. Generally, if you decorate it or make it yourself it works best.
Do you have any music or films that you both love, maybe that are a bit of a joke between you both (me and my friends have guilty pleasures on our ipods, like music from Phil Collins or old songs, disney songs, the theme tune from schindler's list and the phantom of the opera :p:. These are things we laugh about because we wouldn't want anyone else to see we have them, but we can tell eachother). You could make a compilation CD.

It's always good to just have something that recalls your memories together or those jokes nobody else understands.
Reply 6
Mr Otter
Give 'em the gift that just keeps giving.

Clamidya.

punktopia
A baby.

both would be impossible due to us both being female tbh, haha.
Reply 7
Tyraell
You could do a 'things I wish I'd remembered/ thought to take to university' gift too. Might amount to a more functional gift though, e.g. scissors, cellotape, spirits etc.

Yeah, a university survival kit is good. Stationery, plasters, paracetamol, spirits etc anything you'd find funny :p: all put in a box with a cross on it, so it looks like a first aid kit. I did this for my brother. :yes:
Reply 8
I was going to suggest something they can use, like a good wok or a saucepan... but the scrapbook idea is awesome if you have the time :wink:
Reply 9
Sami2412
both would be impossible due to us both being female tbh, haha.

A Rampant Rabbit in case she gets lonely? :p:
Reply 10
Tyraell

Ooh i like this :smile:

Jessaay!
Maybe a letter, well written and on nice paper, and a scrapbook, filled with pictures of you both, and some places for putting more things in. Perhaps you could get a plain scrapbook and decorate it yourself?
Also, you could get her a little box to put things in or something, like things off your trips out together, or a picture frame and get one of the best pictures of you both to put in. Generally, if you decorate it or make it yourself it works best.
Do you have any music or films that you both love, maybe that are a bit of a joke between you both (me and my friends have guilty pleasures on our ipods, like music from Phil Collins or old songs, disney songs, the theme tune from schindler's list and the phantom of the opera :p:. These are things we laugh about because we wouldn't want anyone else to see we have them, but we can tell eachother)

It's always good to just have something that recalls your memories together or those jokes nobody else understands.

I like the idea of the letter and the scrapbook, that sounds nice :smile: as for the music thing, she has a ... random taste in music ... should we say :P
Reply 11
Jessaay!
Yeah, a university survival kit is good. Stationery, plasters, paracetamol, spirits etc anything you'd find funny :p: all put in a box with a cross on it, so it looks like a first aid kit. I did this for my brother. :yes:

i LOVE this idea :smile::smile:
some thing useful? On photo websites such as 'snapfish' you can personalise things such as tea towels, mugs, coasters, placemats, notebooks, calendars and mousemats. You could perhaps choose an item such as a tea towel which will be realy useful! But turn it into a more sentimental gift by personalizing it with your favourite picture of the two of you!
Reply 13
Mr Roboto
A Rampant Rabbit in case she gets lonely? :p:

HAHA! its supposed to be something SWEET, to remember me by! haha!
Reply 14
wtfhaffyduck
some thing useful? On photo websites such as 'snapfish' you can personalise things such as tea towels, mugs, coasters, placemats, notebooks, calendars and mousemats. You could perhaps choose an item such as a tea towel which will be realy useful! But turn it into a more sentimental gift by personalizing it with your favourite picture of the two of you!

ooh, i may have a look at that :smile: thankyouuu
OOOH I can contribute to this :biggrin: my best friend and I always shower each other in gifts and we gave each other going away presents :yes:

I was going to make her a personalised cushion but ran out of time in the end. :erm: she made me a bear at the Bear Factory and dressed him up in little geeky clothes, he looks so cute :grin: that was her reminder to me to be myself at Uni no matter what anyone else thinks.

For my birthday she gave me an album of pictures of us with memories, etc.

And just before my exams, she sent me a 'care package' I suppose you'd call it... it had a little cupcake recipe book, sanitizing hand gel (!? :p:), tissues, a Thornton's chocolate bar, some earrings, I can't remember what else... but also little motivational notes for me to open on the morning of each exam. It was so lovely!

I nicked her idea and sent her one back when she was having a bit of a bad time. I can't actually remember everything that I put in it, but we're always joking that we're like Meredith and Christina from Grey's Anatomy so I put in an envelope full of pictures of Meredith and Christina together. :smile: I think I put in a sachet of Aussie deep conditioner, some really funny books (including one of genuine answers that contestants have given to questions on quiz shows - that is absolutely hilarious), er... yeah, stuff like that really, can't remember everything.

I think the best thing is always a little package of really personal little gifts that you know she'll like. My best friend and I tend to be a little bit romantic towards each other, haha :p: but it's nice, we just always make sure that our presents have meaning behind them and will make the other smile.

There are some lovely little things on Firebox as well. My friend studies Experimental Psychology which deals a lot with brain chemistry, so I got her a microbe cuddly toy in the shape of a brain cell. :p: http://www.firebox.com - there are some really quirky little things that'd be great to go in a bigger box of stuff.

Other than that in the past I've got my friend tubs of posh hot chocolate, jewellery, flowers, framed pictures, lots of things really. Perhaps tickets to see a show you both love or something?

Hope I've helped at least a bit :smile: good luck!
Reply 16
Alphabet fridge magnets are a student essential(Y)
Reply 17
malleablegrace
OOOH I can contribute to this :biggrin: my best friend and I always shower each other in gifts and we gave each other going away presents :yes:

I was going to make her a personalised cushion but ran out of time in the end. :erm: she made me a bear at the Bear Factory and dressed him up in little geeky clothes, he looks so cute :grin: that was her reminder to me to be myself at Uni no matter what anyone else thinks.

For my birthday she gave me an album of pictures of us with memories, etc.

And just before my exams, she sent me a 'care package' I suppose you'd call it... it had a little cupcake recipe book, sanitizing hand gel (!? :p:), tissues, a Thornton's chocolate bar, some earrings, I can't remember what else... but also little motivational notes for me to open on the morning of each exam. It was so lovely!

I nicked her idea and sent her one back when she was having a bit of a bad time. I can't actually remember everything that I put in it, but we're always joking that we're like Meredith and Christina from Grey's Anatomy so I put in an envelope full of pictures of Meredith and Christina together. :smile: I think I put in a sachet of Aussie deep conditioner, some really funny books (including one of genuine answers that contestants have given to questions on quiz shows - that is absolutely hilarious), er... yeah, stuff like that really, can't remember everything.

I think the best thing is always a little package of really personal little gifts that you know she'll like. My best friend and I tend to be a little bit romantic towards each other, haha :p: but it's nice, we just always make sure that our presents have meaning behind them and will make the other smile.

There are some lovely little things on Firebox as well. My friend studies Experimental Psychology which deals a lot with brain chemistry, so I got her a microbe cuddly toy in the shape of a brain cell. :p: http://www.firebox.com - there are some really quirky little things that'd be great to go in a bigger box of stuff.

Other than that in the past I've got my friend tubs of posh hot chocolate, jewellery, flowers, framed pictures, lots of things really. Perhaps tickets to see a show you both love or something?

Hope I've helped at least a bit :smile: good luck!

Yeah i think im gonna do the box idea but that website looks quite cool, ima have a look on there as well :smile: thankyouu :smile:
Reply 18
That_Girl!
Alphabet fridge magnets are a student essential(Y)

OOOH. definately gonna put them in the box :smile:
Reply 19
Pendant for the bracelet - many friends, many cute thingies to hang on it :>
When you are sad and feeling homesick and "friendsick", u can always look at ur wrist :>

Latest

Trending

Trending