The Student Room Group

What should I do?

Hey everyone, I'm very inexperienced with this type of stuff, so any input would be helpful.

Two weeks ago I began my summer Anatomy class. On the first day of class, this guy comes in and sits a seat away from my friend, who was sitting directly across from me. As I'm talking to my friend, I can feel this guy's eyes on me. So, I looked at him, and he continued to stare straight into my eyes for a good 6-7 seconds. That week, he continued to make eye contact with me. Last week, the girl that normally sits across from me & my friend in lab was late. The guy (Matt) sat in her seat, directly across from me. We continued to catch each other's eye that week, and the next time we had lab, he sat in that seat again. Today was our first lab of this week, and he sat a few seats down from where he normally does. We had a lab practical this morning, and when we were done we took a break, then were supposed to return to our normal seats. After the break, he sat even further away than his prior seat before the break. But, he still made a little bit of eye contact with me. I've heard it's supposed to be a good thing for guys to make direct eye contact, but aren't they also supposed to move closer to you if they want to get to know you? Not to mention he has not initiated any verbal contact whatsoever.

So basically I'm asking does it seem like he's interested? And, if so, should I initiate the conversation?

Sorry if this was too long.

-Alison-
Reply 1
see what happens if you smile at him.
Reply 2
I have. All he did was continue to stare with a blank kind of look. :/
Talk to him; you're clearly interested if you counted.
Reply 4
Magnum Opus
Talk to him; you're clearly interested if you counted.

I am. Another issue here is that I'm extremely shy, and a horrible conversationalist. But it seems like he's never gonna be the one to start talking first. So I guess it'll be on me to do that.
Reply 5
DarkShadows08
Hey everyone, I'm very inexperienced with this type of stuff, so any input would be helpful.

Two weeks ago I began my summer Anatomy class. On the first day of class, this guy comes in and sits a seat away from my friend, who was sitting directly across from me. As I'm talking to my friend, I can feel this guy's eyes on me. So, I looked at him, and he continued to stare straight into my eyes for a good 6-7 seconds. That week, he continued to make eye contact with me. Last week, the girl that normally sits across from me & my friend in lab was late. The guy (Matt) sat in her seat, directly across from me. We continued to catch each other's eye that week, and the next time we had lab, he sat in that seat again. Today was our first lab of this week, and he sat a few seats down from where he normally does. We had a lab practical this morning, and when we were done we took a break, then were supposed to return to our normal seats. After the break, he sat even further away than his prior seat before the break. But, he still made a little bit of eye contact with me. I've heard it's supposed to be a good thing for guys to make direct eye contact, but aren't they also supposed to move closer to you if they want to get to know you? Not to mention he has not initiated any verbal contact whatsoever.

So basically I'm asking does it seem like he's interested? And, if so, should I initiate the conversation?

Sorry if this was too long.

-Alison-

That guy sounds like a virgin.
Reply 6
Tom.
That guy sounds like a virgin.

Haha. It's possible. I really have no idea though.
Reply 7
DarkShadows08
Haha. It's possible. I really have no idea though.

if he's shy, bless the fella. You instigate it, and start a conversation. Just talk about class. :-)
Reply 8
Tom.
if he's shy, bless the fella. You instigate it, and start a conversation. Just talk about class. :-)

Okay, I'll definitely try. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 9
DarkShadows08
Okay, I'll definitely try. Thanks. :smile:

Let us know how it goes :-)
Reply 10
DarkShadows08
I have. All he did was continue to stare with a blank kind of look. :/

what what kind of blank?
from th 1st post u sounds like he likes u
but if its completely blank, it might slightly mean he got something against u.:rolleyes:
yet, u can for sure tell by the way he looks at you
Reply 11
MR.PINK
what what kind of blank?
from th 1st post u sounds like he likes u
but if its completely blank, it might slightly mean he got something against u.:rolleyes:
yet, u can for sure tell by the way he looks at you

I don't know... I don't ever see a trace of smile from him when I smile at him. It's just an intense stare. He shouldn't have anything against me ... he doesn't know me! I just thought if I smiled at him when he was doing the staring that he would smile back. The lack of emotion is kind of disheartening ... and confusing.
Reply 12
DarkShadows08
I don't know... I don't ever see a trace of smile from him when I smile at him. It's just an intense stare. He shouldn't have anything against me ... he doesn't know me! I just thought if I smiled at him when he was doing the staring that he would smile back. The lack of emotion is kind of disheartening ... and confusing.

hun, have u heard of the term torture?

Some of us like to do it,
it counts towards "best fun without taking clothes off":yes:
Reply 13
MR.PINK
hun, have u heard of the term torture?

Some of us like to do it,
it counts towards "best fun without taking clothes off":yes:

Are you saying that he's messing around with me? Being a tease?
Reply 14
DarkShadows08
Are you saying that he's messing around with me? Being a tease?

noo noo noo
you got me wrong here
he might be a tease alright
but doesnt mean he's playin you around

it could be his swagga/style to approach girls, or he just want to seduce you into him, in a different way:yes:
Reply 15
MR.PINK
noo noo noo
you got me wrong here
he might be a tease alright
but doesnt mean he's playin you around

it could be his swagga/style to approach girls, or he just want to seduce you into him, in a different way:yes:

Okay, I think I understand. But I am responding to what he's doing and he's not doing anything more than staring. I guess he wants me to make the first move? That's annoying though. lol
Reply 16
DarkShadows08

If it helps, some people just have very expressionless/unfortunately expressive faces until you are (for want of a better phrase) up close and personal with them. I, for example, am reliably informed that I look suicidally depressed most of the time, and borderline murderous when I catch anyone's eye, but in reality I'm as happy and as well-rounded a member of society as the next man. Just go and have a chat with the guy; no-one's so bad a conversationalist that it's not worth a punt. :smile:
Reply 17
-Kav-
If it helps, some people just have very expressionless/unfortunately expressive faces until you are (for want of a better phrase) up close and personal with them. I, for example, am reliably informed that I look suicidally depressed most of the time, and borderline murderous when I catch anyone's eye, but in reality I'm as happy and as well-rounded a member of society as the next man. Just go and have a chat with the guy; no-one's so bad a conversationalist that it's not worth a punt. :smile:

Good input. Thanks. (:

Latest

Trending

Trending