The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Okay, now I'm totally confused. The DSA1 form pdf is 28 pages long now; but the one I filled in was only 10-12 pages. It was in the same format, with a few less questions (all the questions it is missing are answered online though) and was categorically not the 08/09 form (that's in a totally different format, etc.) -- but I know it wasn't the same form. Is it possible that they've changed it since I printed it out a few months ago? I'm kind of panicking right now. I know that it was the 09/10 DSA1 form that I filled in, but I'm almost certain that it didn't look like the one that is current downloadable (DG_174301.pdf)!

Will this affect the processing of the form? I am certain that if they reject the form for some reason it will not be processed in time for Uni. :\

EDIT: The Student Finance Wales site has the same thing as I downloaded it from; an option for the full form and an option for a slimline version if you have applied online. I don't know why they have removed it from the DirectGov SFE site, but at least I now know that I'm not going insane and a different form does exist (I know it is the same form, but with different formatting as I have photocopies of the form I sent off)! :smile:
Reply 21
From an email forum I belong to, they apparently took down the 'slim-line' one from SFE on direct gov that was meant for full-time undergrads use as people were supposedly getting confused...so it's all fine.
Reply 22
swiftuk
From an email forum I belong to, they apparently took down the 'slim-line' one from SFE on direct gov that was meant for full-time undergrads use as people were supposedly getting confused...so it's all fine.

You do understand that I absolutely love you right now! :p: Thanks for the confirmation, it had me very worried for a while!
Reply 23
Rang up yesturday, got fobbed off and accused of breaking DPA law and being a parent because apparently my voice didn't match!
Will be writing a letter of complaint if they don't get back to me by next week- I have phoned them 4 times and no- one can even give me a timeframe! I also wrote 2 months ago and emailed twice and no reply. My report was done in may and I haven't heard anything At all yet.
Speaking on the phone to them is so frustrating to the point it makes me want to stab my eyeballs with burning hot fire pokers...
Reply 24
k9ruby
Rang up yesturday, got fobbed off and accused of breaking DPA law and being a parent because apparently my voice didn't match!

:confused: Did they not ask you for 2 numbers of your secret answer? Only something you should know.
Where can I get a paper form of the DSA from?

Thanks
Reply 26
Titch89
:confused: Did they not ask you for 2 numbers of your secret answer? Only something you should know.

Yep :-(
Reply 27
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Where can I get a paper form of the DSA from?

Thanks

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/EducationAndTraining/HigherEducation/DG_10034900
Does anybody know the time scale after your report is sent into student finance. Presumably you have to contact them after results day to let them know you have a definite place. Will
it be then be all systems go or will there be loads of waiting time do you think. Just wondering if there is any chance of getting everything in place before uni starts. Many thanks
everybody.
Reply 29
Apparently around three weeks. Though I have heard nothing yet from almost a month, am ringing up again tomorrow. You need to contact them now, results day has no bearing on the application process (except that nothing is put in place for the actual supply of any accommodations until your place has been confirmed).
Thank you. I am going to wait till results day and then ring them up as mine has only been with them a couple of weeks just wanted to make sure there was not a massive backlog as with the finance. I keep changing my bank details with them as they keep missing a digit off so I will kill two birds with one stone but will give them a while yet as early days. My assessor said it could be some time before you hear from them which is a bit worrying and another lady said I would hear shortly but we will see how its goes.
Reply 31
I was given a guarantee of three weeks (twice), a month ago. So as such if they haven't done it tomorrow I will demand to be put through to the appopriate department and make a rather verbose complaint :smile:
Please post a reply once you have found out. Many thanks.
They took the full 40 days to tell me they needed more evidence. That was sent off weeks ago but I'm expecting another 40 days before they get to the next part!
Reply 34
Just an update, on the 4th of this month they sent out my letter saying to get a Needs Assessment done. Since I sent my letter on the 15th July, they took a total of 20 days -- which is even a day under their 3-week timeframe. I would say you should get it back more quickly this time :smile:
Just to say, I wouldn't recommend waiting until results day. They're going to be even more overloaded then than they are now.
Reply 36
Another update - I now have an assessment appointment booked already for Thursday afternoon (I was totally shocked to get one so quickly). I would definitely recommend not waiting until results day, for two reasons:

1) If you wait until then, the process will not be complete before you start university!
2) As Scary Monster said, they will be totally overloaded.
Reply 37
I've had my report and the LEA are meant to contact me. Due to the changes with Student Finance this year, is it still my LEA I contact? Or Student Finance England?
Reply 38
I'm not sure. Ring them and find out?
I sent my form off with my evidence from my doctor and they lost the evidence, how lame lol

Latest

Trending

Trending