The Student Room Group
Reply 1
How can you be predicted A's when you got C's? Did you really mess up the exams or something?
Reply 2
Do you not have to declare your results even if you are planning on retaking? This was what I thought it said in the how to apply booklet.

I think that you can get predicted As and get Cs for your ASs because it's thought that the A2 is more engrossing and challenging so some students do better. Afterall the AS isn't that much more than a glorified GCSE!
fionah
Do you not have to declare your results even if you are planning on retaking? This was what I thought it said in the how to apply booklet.

I think that you can get predicted As and get Cs for your ASs because it's thought that the A2 is more engrossing and challenging so some students do better. Afterall the AS isn't that much more than a glorified GCSE!

ur meant 2 but most ppl dont... well most ppl i know
hey AS is alot harder than GCSE-GCSE is a pieca cake in comparison
Reply 4
Oops I actually gave my AS results in my form (even though I took all to A2) and was later hearing a lot that you're not supposed to. Oops! But it's worked OK so far, got offers from Manchester and Warwick, and an interview at Cambridge :biggrin:
ZJuwelH
Oops I actually gave my AS results in my form (even though I took all to A2) and was later hearing a lot that you're not supposed to. Oops! But it's worked OK so far, got offers from Manchester and Warwick, and an interview at Cambridge :biggrin:

rnt u meant 2 write ur AS grades???
Reply 6
ZJuwelH

You are supposed to if they are certificated.
Reply 7
I did that too, and I think you're meant to. I was under the impression that you only don't put AS results down if you've declined them or you have completed the A2 and have a grade for it. If not then you shoudl put it down, becuase you hold all the ASs as qualifiations in themselves but have not converted them 2 A2s yet.
Reply 8
Adhsur
You are supposed to if they are certificated.

And they aren't. Oops too late! Still, no serious repercussions yet!
Reply 9
If you have declined your grade at AS, you can't put it on the form as you technically don't hold that qualification any more. If you accepted it and are just resitting modules then you should put it down, I think anyway.
Reply 10
*Riz*
If you have declined your grade at AS, you can't put it on the form as you technically don't hold that qualification any more. If you accepted it and are just resitting modules then you should put it down, I think anyway.

How do you decline a grade?

The way I think it is, you include your AS if you're not doing the A2, as A2s are qualifications pending. But from my story it seems it doesn't matter an awful lot :confused:
Reply 11
Your school/college should have given you the option to decline your AS grade after the results. They just send of a form saying so - some places automatically accept all their students AS results though and don't give you the opetion to decline them although techinally they should.
Even if you'r not meant to put your ASs down I dont think it will do any harm if they're good, it backs up your predicted grades and they know that you haven't got anything to hide/declined them because of bad results.
Just read my personal statment back, it has an word missing but it kinda, just about, makes sense without it. Hopefully the admissions tutors will be reading through it so quickly that they won't noice....hopefully lol
It's amazing how you notice mistakes so quickly when you haven't read something for a few weeks but when you;ve read it through 10 times in a row before sending it off you know what it says in your head so you don't notice it. grrr.
Reply 12
It's so true... i read my personal statement yesterday and there's a semicolon missing... and the oxford statement... well i just found out that i wrote 'life' as 'lif'... lol
i was told though that most admissions officers dont care about small typos like these. hopefully they dont have the time to find them... :wink: du think they actually matter if its a good statement? (well i think its good hehe)

*Riz*
Your school/college should have given you the option to decline your AS grade after the results. They just send of a form saying so - some places automatically accept all their students AS results though and don't give you the opetion to decline them although techinally they should.
Even if you'r not meant to put your ASs down I dont think it will do any harm if they're good, it backs up your predicted grades and they know that you haven't got anything to hide/declined them because of bad results.
Just read my personal statment back, it has an word missing but it kinda, just about, makes sense without it. Hopefully the admissions tutors will be reading through it so quickly that they won't noice....hopefully lol
It's amazing how you notice mistakes so quickly when you haven't read something for a few weeks but when you;ve read it through 10 times in a row before sending it off you know what it says in your head so you don't notice it. grrr.

Latest

Trending

Trending