The Student Room Group

How do unis take into account contextual offers?

For example a law course will require A*AA, will they scrap all applications that don't meet this req like people say they do? Like if I apply to that course with BBB (the same as the contextual offer) will they even look at my application?

Also how would they know to check that I am eligible for a contextual offer?
Unis use details on your UCAS application like your postcode, or whatever other criteria they use, to tag you for a contextual offer. Its automatic - you do not need to do anything.

Unis will list the contextual offer grades and the standard offer grades on each course page under 'entry requirements'.
If you qualify for a contextual offer - ie. you meet that Uni's criteria - you only need to be predicted the lower grade set, not the standard offer, to be in contention. You are not guaranteed an offer - no-one is - but if you are made an offer, it will be the lower grades.
Original post by McGinger
Unis use details on your UCAS application like your postcode, or whatever other criteria they use, to tag you for a contextual offer. Its automatic - you do not need to do anything.

Unis will list the contextual offer grades and the standard offer grades on each course page under 'entry requirements'.
If you qualify for a contextual offer - ie. you meet that Uni's criteria - you only need to be predicted the lower grade set, not the standard offer, to be in contention. You are not guaranteed an offer - no-one is - but if you are made an offer, it will be the lower grades.

I understand, but If u are eligible for a contextual how would they know not to scrap ur application if u don't meet the normal requirements for that course
Original post by julesrrrr67
I understand, but If u are eligible for a contextual how would they know not to scrap ur application if u don't meet the normal requirements for that course

Because there's usually a warning banner at the top of their screen that says "Contextual eligible applicant'.

Quick Reply