The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

So... Forensics anyone?

Just wondering who else is going to BMU to do a forensic based course? I'll be doing "Forensics and Crime Scene Sciences" got an unconditional offer which i accepted (going as a 'Mature' student... I'm quite sure that is oxymoronic but never mind!).

might as well post here for all forensic based courses as i'm sure there will be some overlapping so chances are we'd have some lectures together.

seriously can't wait!
Hey I am much in the same boat!! Studying the same and also a mature student. Think there is alot of overlapping especially in the first year. Have you done any forensics before? It's all going to be new to me!!! Only 7 weeks now til freshers week!! Can't believe that it's so close now!! Have yo sorted your housing and bits yet? Xx
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
hi there,

i know, i really can't wait for freshers (which i understand the point is to spend as much of your student loan as possible and then starve until the next payment...) i can't believe how close it is!

yeah it is new to me too so i wouldn't worry you're certainly not the only one!

Accomidation: yeah staying in Cranbourne (not sure on any room number yet but someone in another thread said that's normal). You got yours sorted?
I have applied for housing in Purbeck but haven't got a room number yet either. I emailed bournemouth accommodation the other day and they said that I should hear back within the next 2 weeks so it's exciting stuff. In the attempt to prepare myself for the course I have bought 7 books relating to forensics, with good intention of reading them before Sept but I haven't even opened them yet!! Oh dear.

Are you moving far to go to BU?
Xx
Reply 4
tigerseye2001
I have applied for housing in Purbeck but haven't got a room number yet either. I emailed bournemouth accommodation the other day and they said that I should hear back within the next 2 weeks so it's exciting stuff. In the attempt to prepare myself for the course I have bought 7 books relating to forensics, with good intention of reading them before Sept but I haven't even opened them yet!! Oh dear.

Are you moving far to go to BU?
Xx

cool

yeah, coming down from Kent :p: so a fair way lol, how about you?
Not too far, well from the Isle of Wight so I get to go on a boat ride, woo hoo, lol. Costs a bomb to get home and back so not to impressed by that but it will at least be a change living on the mainland, ha ha I sound so sheltered lol. Xx
Reply 6
lol, could always join/create a club where you learn how to canoo and save on the ferry :wink:.

All i really remember about Isle of Wight is "Blackgang Chine" (which i hear is pretty much all gone :frown: ) and multicoloured sands you fill into plastic containers.

might be able to get a discount as a student going to and from, worth checking (if you haven't already i mean) :smile:
Ahhhh the multi-coloured sand, those were the days!!! Blackgang Chine is indeed mostly gone now into the sea! I am liking the canoe idea thou! May opt for the cheaper version, more commonly known as the inflatabal boat!! Not sur how far it would get me thou!!
I have looked into multi ticket things but didn't think to check for students, duh!!
Xx
Reply 8
tigerseye2001
Ahhhh the multi-coloured sand, those were the days!!! Blackgang Chine is indeed mostly gone now into the sea! I am liking the canoe idea thou! May opt for the cheaper version, more commonly known as the inflatabal boat!! Not sur how far it would get me thou!!
I have looked into multi ticket things but didn't think to check for students, duh!!
Xx

hehe, even if they don't advertise one it might still be worth phoning them up or something and checking.
Grrr, didn't get the housing I wanted, have been put in a shared house, 27 bedrooms in Boscombe. Shouldnt be too bad, got a huge garden apparently so thats a bonus! Xx

Latest

Trending

Trending