The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan declined disabled distance learner…

Hello I have started a 6 year part time Forensic Science degree with Arden University. This is a distance learning course and as I am disabled and physically unable to attend, I was under the impression after researching online that I would be eligible for some maintenance loan. However, after sending evidence of my PIP entitlement, medical confirmation from my GP and physio who have also stated why I wouldn’t be able to attend in person, SFE have replied saying the course I have applied for does not attract funding. This has been going on for months and I am so confused. Arden’s website says that I should be entitled, I previously rang SFE and the lady I spoke to thought I should be entitled, no where online can I find any reason why I shouldn’t get it. Can anyone shed any light on this for me or offer any advice? Thank you so much.
Hi there. When does the course start? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. When does the course start? Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah, sept 23
Original post by Babacorn
Hi Leah, sept 23

Hi there,

We share a system with all universities in the UK called 'Courses Management Service (CMS)' and only the universities can input information onto this system. For Arden University there is no Forensic Science for a 6 year duration available. This would be the reason for receiving notification from us that the course is not eligible for funding. I would advise to speak with Arden university and ask for them to input your course information onto CMS so that we can link you to the course and can reassess the application. Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Hi Ross apologies the full title is Forensic & Criminal Investigation is that one on there?
Original post by Babacorn
Hi Ross apologies the full title is Forensic & Criminal Investigation is that one on there?

Hi, there is only a 3 year duration for Part Time, not 6 years. I would advise to speak to the uni to update CMS. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending