The Student Room Group

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
SuicideCommando
What is that meant to mean?!

Too late, TOO late to tell you :p:
When i got called out on the fact I only use less than 50% of my minutes at the moment. I explained that most of my calls are to my GF, who is moving away and hence my usage will increase and i did not want to be charged the extortionate prices for my voicemail.

I think the call centre aren't trying to stop you from cancelling. They are quite rightly explaining that their deal is actually not bad and everyone else's prices are the same. Obviously if you terminate the contract you get the phone free and are free to pick up a SIM only deal (if your phone is unlocked). However I think they are just keen to express that the deal will not affect you as you don't go over your minutes and so cancelling is pointless (not thinking about handsets)
Reply 162
Much appreciated in regards to the Rep I've recieved lately, wasn't for this but a nice extra, thanks alot to those who have given it out.
BSB
Ffs, they're not going to budge! =(

It's not about whether they let you do anything. They have to by law. Read this link very carefully and repeat what they say in the section where your problem is mentioned.
GGecko
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1825687

Take a read of the above, you can cancel your contract if it was issued prior to 31st of May, as they are putting up their prices come september. Great way to back out of a lengthy contract and keep your phone if you ask me!:p:

Worked, just canceled my mothers phone now she'll get a simplicity sim only deal for £10 a month, and keep her Sony C905 :smile: Winner.

Going to do the same for my sister when she turns up :tongue:... She only got her 5800xpress music in March on a 24 month contract - What a saving!

EDIT: Much appreciated in regards to the Rep I've recieved lately, wasn't for this but a nice extra, thanks alot to those who have given it out :smile:

it worked, thanks mate!
I think Orange are ******. I'm back with O2.
GGecko
Too late, TOO late to tell you :p:

I'm afraid it's not so tell me.:flutter:
Third time lucky :wink: Thanks for all your help everyone!
Reply 168
My housemate managed to get out of his contract yesterday. He got his phone from Carphone Warehouse. The contract was £35 a month with a free phone and a free PS3. He does not have to send the phone or the PS3 back to Orange or CPW. If your contract is with Orange, but you originally got it from CPW, then it doesn't matter; you can still cancel by calling Orange.

He had to call about 4 times. Each time he got told a different reason why he couldn't cancel. These are the reasons they tried to fob him off with:

- You didn't receive the text, therefore you can't cancel.
- The new terms and conditions don't affect your contract, therefore you can't cancel.
- You can't cancel without sending us back your phone.
- You can't cancel until 1st September

All of them aren't true. They're obviously trying to limit their losses - mainly by lying to their customers. Fact of the matter is, the new ToCs affect everyone who took out contracts before May this year. No matter what price plan or phone, no matter if they received a text message or not. You're legally allowed to end your contract if they change the ToCs to your detriment, you just have to keep trying until they eventually give in. Ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary. If the customer services agent is rude to you, get their name and ask to speak to their supervisor
james99
My housemate managed to get out of his contract yesterday. He got his phone from Carphone Warehouse. The contract was £35 a month with a free phone and a free PS3. He does not have to send the phone or the PS3 back to Orange or CPW. If your contract is with Orange, but you originally got it from CPW, then it doesn't matter; you can still cancel by calling Orange.

He had to call about 4 times. Each time he got told a different reason why he couldn't cancel. These are the reasons they tried to fob him off with:

- You didn't receive the text, therefore you can't cancel.
- The new terms and conditions don't affect your contract, therefore you can't cancel.
- You can't cancel without sending us back your phone.
- You can't cancel until 1st September

All of them aren't true. They're obviously trying to limit their losses - mainly by lying to their customers. Fact of the matter is, the new ToCs affect everyone who took out contracts before May this year. No matter what price plan or phone, no matter if they received a text message or not. You're legally allowed to end your contract if they change the ToCs to your detriment, you just have to keep trying until they eventually give in. Ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary. If the customer services agent is rude to you, get their name and ask to speak to their supervisor

Yep, they told me I didn't receive the text, I wasn't affected blah blah blah. I'd be interested to know how much Orange will lose as a result of this, there must be so many people just jumping at being able to get out of their contracts! Mine's not being terminated til 1st September but I couldn't be bothered to argue once she'd agreed to do it!
Reply 170
I successfully canceled my mothers contract, but when trying to do my sisters on her brand spanking 5800 xpress music edition (bought in March) they say she hasn't recieved the text, and I have to wait till the 5th of August to cancel, after she recieves the text. Is this correct, or can I go at them again with them being liars this time round?
GGecko
I successfully canceled my mothers contract, but when trying to do my sisters on her brand spanking 5800 xpress music edition (bought in March) they say she hasn't recieved the text, and I have to wait till the 5th of August to cancel, after she recieves the text. Is this correct, or can I go at them again with them being liars this time round?

AFAIK, you can ask them 'will the changes in price affect me' and then when they inevitably say 'yes', that should give you grounds for cancellation as you have been informed of the price alterations through an alternative method.
Reply 172
Ok, i'm gonna wait for the text to come, then I can without a doubt cancel. Phones 4 U wont take my handset back as it's mine and Orange are the ones who deal with my contract etc, so yeah thats all good. Just go to wait *patiently* for the text =)
BSB
Ok, i'm gonna wait for the text to come, then I can without a doubt cancel. Phones 4 U wont take my handset back as it's mine and Orange are the ones who deal with my contract etc, so yeah thats all good. Just go to wait *patiently* for the text =)

I'm going to wait too. Hoping new deals/phones will come out in shops if i hold out for the text. :p:
Reply 174
ladydeborah
I'm going to wait too. Hoping new deals/phones will come out in shops if i hold out for the text. :p:

No need to wait, here is the best offer money can get right now!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=983173
GGecko
No need to wait, here is the best offer money can get right now!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=983173

It looks good, but my phone is driving me nutty. :p: Though I can't afford the phones i really want. :frown:
Reply 176
ladydeborah
It looks good, but my phone is driving me nutty. :p: Though I can't afford the phones i really want. :frown:

You've made a saving, now treat yourself :wink:
GGecko

I'm starting to think you work for O2... :p:
GGecko

I want the 3Gs, N97 or HTC Hero - i have very expensive tastes! I wanted to cancel this contract as it was costing me too much, now i'm planning on spending more :p:
Reply 179
mikeyd85
I'm starting to think you work for O2... :p:

I really wish I could land a job there, free phones for all of TSR then! :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending