The Student Room Group

Still have accommodation after the cancel deadline but my place has been deferred

Hello. I deferred my undegraduate course to 2024 start, and the deadline to cancel your accommodation without being liable to pay 4 weeks of the contract was 31st august. I emailed to defer my place before this deadline yet they got back to me on my deferral request on the 8th of September. I didn't email to cancel my accommodation before the deadline because i was not sure whether or not my deferral request would be accepted or not! as soon as i heard that my deferral was accepted, which was 8 days after the deadline to cancel accommodation, i emailed accommodation to cancel my contract. What can i say to the university? Am I right in thinking that i shouldn't be liable to pay accommodation contract since i had to wait on a response from the university before i could cancel my accommodation, or am i being dumb and have just screwed up completely?
I'd like to know how i could argue my point as to why i could not meet the cancellation deadline.

Thanks for any responses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending