The Student Room Group

Funding a module retake - SAAS

this is not a personal thing but someone i know has this situation, basically she only found out on the first day of uni that she failed one her exams therefore has to redo one module but the thing is they’re not letting her go into second year until she passes the exam next summer, that’s where the problem is she got an accommodation in the city and also got a saas loan so she can pay for it, but now since she has to do this one module from january to may she won’t be able to receive the loan what does she do in this situation? she is staying at the unite students accommodations, is there anyway she can cancel her contract without having to deal with the consequences of it is there any other loan she can get to get help? as she’ll now be a part time student technically if i’m not mistaken?
Original post by fxgx
this is not a personal thing but someone i know has this situation, basically she only found out on the first day of uni that she failed one her exams therefore has to redo one module but the thing is they’re not letting her go into second year until she passes the exam next summer, that’s where the problem is she got an accommodation in the city and also got a saas loan so she can pay for it, but now since she has to do this one module from january to may she won’t be able to receive the loan what does she do in this situation? she is staying at the unite students accommodations, is there anyway she can cancel her contract without having to deal with the consequences of it is there any other loan she can get to get help? as she’ll now be a part time student technically if i’m not mistaken?

Tell your friend to contact SAAS and ask if she is entitled to 'gift year' funding for the retake.

If she wishes to terminate her contract with Unite Student, then she needs to read through the contract she signed for the terms and conditions that will apply in her situation. It might be that she can leave penalty free if she can find someone to take her room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending