The Student Room Group

Have you met anyone famous?

This kinda stems from the other topic i guess. Just wondering if youve met any celebrities irl?

Ive met sinbad out of brookside (hes also in corrie now, owns the chippie but i cant remember the name of his character). I met him at manchester airport about 4 years ago.

I met alex zane in august of last year when i was on a night out in newquay. I almost had a heart attack.

And i met Jimmy Carr on the 7th of march after seeing him live. he was really lovely actually.

Scroll to see replies

no one worth mentioning
Reply 2
I had dinner with the ginger bloke who used to present Guinness world records...years ago. Evidently not much of a celeb, i can't even remember his name.

Edit: oh, and i met Prince Edward briefly.
Reply 3
Ummm, I don't think so, but I've met tonnes of authors and artists. =D
*ahem*
Actually, I think I saw Oguri Shun (A japanese actor) at the airport once, surrounded by lots fangirls. >__>, not sure if that counts or not.
nope
Think so, but I don't really care tbh. I know some old formula one drivers, one who drove last year lives in my building, some very famous in holland singer (Marco Borsato), an Italian TV presentator, Greg Cerrone (some DJ), Safin (tennis) and probably a few others as well.
Reply 6
Jose Reyez :smile:

In Woolworths to be honest
Reply 7
Ma bf is a celebrity!!

No, just kidding, he was only in one episode of Jonathan Creek but I like to milk it :frown: He had 6 lines.
:redface: joe dempsie and mitch hewer.

also. terry duckworth from corrie.

and micah richards, shaun wright phillips, joe hart, well loadsa footballers really.

:cool:
Reply 9
Piers morgan :p:
Reply 10
fidel castro
huge chavez
fizz from corrie
jordan
russell brand... just to name a few
Meh, few bands... I'll list some.
Bloc Party, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Pendulum, The Hives, The Infadels, Hope of the States, Green Day, The Rakes...

Spent an night in a bar drinking with The Thrills, and had a coffee with Emily Haines from Metric.
Reply 12
Rolf Harris if he counts
I met Dumbledore in London :smile:
haha. I've seen both Alice Cooper and Jim Broadbent on a flight to New York.
My friend is also related to Jenny Frost (Atomic Kitten) now there's a claim to fame :wink:
The whole of the Arsenal football team also attended a funeral that I went to, but I didn't think it was the time or place to ask for autographs...:redface:
Reply 14
LaurenFah
Meh, few bands... I'll list some.
Bloc Party, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Pendulum, The Hives, The Infadels, Hope of the States, Green Day, The Rakes...

Spent an night in a bar drinking with The Thrills, and had a coffee with Emily Haines from Metric.

:O
i would kill to have a coffee with emily haines from metric!! I love her.
And i was very close to meeting kasabian last year at V festival but they shut the signing booth thing right when me and my friends were next but one!

oh ive also met devandra banhart but no ones really heard of him
Regina Spektor, Feist, Dom from Muse, lead singer from The Who, Devendra Banhart, Simon Webbe.
I know the girl who plays michelle in skins
John Barrowman :love: :p:
Reply 18
Jude Law
Will Young
Andy Dick
Chico guy from xfactor some years ago
can't remember the rest...

Mostly guys yea lol. I could have met Natalie Portman, since they were shooting a film practically next door (but I was in London that entire week) :\

My sister's list would span to at least one page lol, includes robert deniro and Julianne Moore.
nothingspek
Regina Spektor, Feist, Dom from Muse, lead singer from The Who, Devendra Banhart, Simon Webbe.

*dies* when did you meet Dom!!!!

Latest