Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I'm hopefully coming to Reading in sept to start a masters in international business. Was considering buying a guitar and was just wondering if there were any good societies/teachers available to students? I'm a bit low on fundage and hoped learning at uni might be slightly cheaper!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i'm not at uni yet but i was looking at guitar tutors a while ago and you can use this site
    http://www.rgt.org/tutors/?referrer=...Fd4B4wodnSwOZg
    those are just the ones in the reading area
    i just went for the self teaching option in the end though...

ReputationRep:
    i have an acoustic if you want to buy it!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies, think I might take the self-teaching approach too. thanks for the offer emma but I already played electric a few years ago so think I'll just pick up where I left off.

ReputationRep:
    Self-teaching is probably a good idea at uni. Chances are you'll befriend someone who plays guitar and can help teaching you for free. Pretty much everyone plays guitar these days :p:

ReputationRep:
    have a joint that would help

ReputationRep:
    I took up the guitar to seduce women

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.