The Student Room Group

IB requirements for various Cambridge colleges

Hi,

On ucas...requirements for engineering at cambridge are a minimum of 38.

However, now that i am looking through various colleges...they all required 40-41! ..i cant find a single one that says 38........ why such a difference?

If i have a predicted grade around 38-39....would it still make sense to apply to a college that requires 40-41? .........

the 38-39 are only predicted grades....so they can still accept me on a conditional requirement of 40?
Reply 1
fumblewomble
They vary massively from college to college. Here is a selection to show you the range:

To my knowledge you won't find a lower offer than King's. If you can't find the standard offer for a college on their website then write the the admissions office there to find out.

thanks! But do you by any chance have an answer for my second question?

Is it possible that a college gives me a conditional offer of 40 even if my predicted mark is a 38?
Reply 2
I had an offer of 42 with 7-7-6 from Emmanuel. Deduce what you want from that.
Reply 3
I have a question, what do you mean by conditional offer? And can I apply to Cambridge with my predicted grades?
Reply 4
bitturiju
I have a question, what do you mean by conditional offer? And can I apply to Cambridge with my predicted grades?

yes you can apply with predicted grades...and that leads into your first question....since you will be applying with predicted grades..universities will most often give you a conditional offer...which means that they will say that....if you get X or more number of points...we will offer you admission.
Reply 5
Malthe
I had an offer of 42 with 7-7-6 from Emmanuel. Deduce what you want from that.

but do you know what your predicted grades were? were they around 42? or less?
Reply 6
I had a 45 predicted. I figured the conditional is probably a better estimate of what the college expects? But I see your point.
Reply 7
vish111
yes you can apply with predicted grades...and that leads into your first question....since you will be applying with predicted grades..universities will most often give you a conditional offer...which means that they will say that....if you get X or more number of points...we will offer you admission.

But what if my IB examinationas are in November? I will be getting my results in January the next year. So can I get admitted into the University the year I get the results if the criteria is met?

Latest

Trending

Trending