The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8500

The Damascus affair was an 1840 incident in which the accusation of ritual murder was brought against members of the Jewish community of Damascus. The prevailing contemporary interpretation of this event is that of being a part of a long history of false blood libel charges against Jews.[citation needed]

Even wiki itself is asking for sources to such claims.

I love how you bring random cases every 40 years and expect people to buy this crap as evidence that Arabs and Jews didn't live in peace.

You can find incidents more frequently than that in Egyptian community now (between Muslims and Christians), yet those two groups do in fact live in peace now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lovely88
These are the 'real' Jews by nature not just by name :smile:

Netanyahu is NOT welcomed by the Jewish people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQvosGZ__Y

And these are 'real' Palestinians. REAL PALESTINIANS ACCEPT ISRAEL!!11!!1 ZOMGZZ!

The Neturei Karta are not representative of all Jews. :facepalm2:
Reply 8502
Most Palestinians already do. Albeit out of surrendering to facts on the ground than anything else. So not really news there.
Original post by ma3eeni
Most Palestinians already do. Albeit out of surrendering to facts on the ground than anything else. So not really news there.

Perhaps if I were to mock LovelyHH further I would have made the ridiculous claim that "real Palestinians are Zionists."
Reply 8504
Or take it a step further:

All Palestinians are human ... All Zionists are human .... OMGGGG!!!!111 THEY ARE BASICALLY THE SAME!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by ma3eeni
Or take it a step further:

All Palestinians are human ... All Zionists are human .... OMGGGG!!!!111 THEY ARE BASICALLY THE SAME!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's pretty much Lovely88 logic. :wink:
Reply 8506
Original post by Lovely88
Juduaism has nothing to do with Zionism, in fact they are religiousless racist!

Original post by hareandhound
Where is the idea of the Jewish race inalienably based - IN ITS RELIGION. Where is the idea of a Jewish homeland inalienably buried - IN ITS RELIGION. How were the concepts of the Jewish homeland and race passed down through history - IN THE JEWISH FAITH. What seperated the Jews from the rest of the world and meant that they tended to only reproduce within their own race - THE JEWISH RELIGION. Even though the Zionist rejected the religious parts of their parents faith, it is impossible to assert that they would have been questing for a homeland without the JEWISH RELIGION. All the concepts within Israel and within Zionism are based inalienably around THE JEWISH RELIGION!!!!

I love how anti-zionists cant even agree between themselves on what zionism actually is :rolleyes:
Reply 8507
Original post by Balagan
I love how anti-zionists cant even agree between themselves on what zionism actually is :rolleyes:

Do they need to 'agree on' anything? To each his own.
Reply 8508
Original post by ma3eeni
Do they need to 'agree on' anything? To each his own.

If I am going to rage and rant against a certain political ideology then I should probably do the tiniest bit of research on the respective ideology first (from a non-biased source).

This shows that people just tend to jump on the anti-zionsit bandwagon and rely on their preconcieved notions instead.
Reply 8509
Funnily enough that's how they'd feel about you. So why the moral superiority syndrome?
Original post by Balagan
If I am going to rage and rant against a certain political ideology then I should probably do the tiniest bit of research on the respective ideology first (from a non-biased source).

This shows that people just tend to jump on the anti-zionsit bandwagon and rely on their preconcieved notions instead.

Not really, you're a bunch of racists. I can prove it from one of the most non-biased sources available.

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Paul.Treanor/zionism.html

This intelligent, logical argument is what I'm basing my statement upon.
(edited 13 years ago)
They had no right to board the ship until it moved out of international waters hence the beating or as you'd put it defending their property.

The US seems to be heavily supporting the Iranian protests with a Farsi twitter feed being established to help protesters gather and get updates on what's happening. Everything is hush hush everywhere else though.
Original post by sherlllll
Israel and the USA should just form some sort of Union. It disregards the rest of the world's opinion and resolutions enough.

Israel may as well become the 51st state.

Nope, thats Britain..
Original post by jakemittle
Nope, thats Britain..

:O true. 52nd?
Original post by redrobin
Why isn't Israel a candidate to join the EU? Cyprus isn't territorially in Europe but is a member, so how come Israel is not?

Because Israel is NOT in Europe duh! And plus Israel is stolen land of the Palestinians and are an racist apart-heid state so wouldn't never ever accepted in the first place with their human rights abuse history!!
Original post by Mujeriego
As opposed to Iraqi culture, which is full blown AIDS. :creep:

I kid, I kid. But I'm serious about Israel trying to stabilise its image as a Middle-Eastern country by trying to blur the lines between its own culture and Levantine culture. Trying for Europe will undo everything their MoC has been trying to accomplish since the 80s and piss off a lot of native Europeans. Just look at the Greeks and Norwegians.

What do you mean by Norwegians?
Palestinians plan 'Day of Rage' to protest U.S. veto on UN settlement resolution

Top Fatah official next Friday will be a day of Palestinian protest against the U.S. for vetoing a UN resolution condemning Israeli settlement building.

Palestinians are planning their own "Day of Rage" to protest the American veto on a United Nations resolution condemning Israeli settlements, Ma'an News Agency reported a top Fatah official as saying on Saturday.

"They are liars who pretend to support democracy and peace. Far from it," Fatah official and former Palestinian intelligence chief Tawfik Tirawi, referring to the U.S., told the news agency.

The U.S. on Friday voted against a draft resolution against Israeli settlement building in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Their vote prevented the resolution from being adopted, as the U.S. is one of five permanent members on UN Security Council. The 14 other members of the Security Council voted in favor of the resolution.

Tirawi said the Palestinians have set Friday for the day when they will officially protest the U.S. veto, which he said amounted to "blackmail."

Israel, on the other hand, praised the U.S. vote, saying they "deeply appreciate" the veto.

Hamas also weighted in on the vote, saying that it showed the U.S. bias in favor of Israeli occupation.

Peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians were halted in September after a temporary Israeli settlement freeze expired. Palestinians refuse to return to the negotiating table unless settlement building halts completely, including in East Jerusalem.

Haaretz

The bit in bold says it all. Liars. The U.S. doesn't care about democracy and human rights when it comes to Israel.
Original post by CombineHarvester
They had no right to board the ship until it moved out of international waters hence the beating or as you'd put it defending their property.

Yes they did. The San Remo Manual, which reflects customary international law, states, "Merchant vessels believed on reasonable grounds to be breaching a blockade may be captured." It further states, ""Merchant vessels which, after prior warning, clearly resist capture may be attacked." The law requires that a blockade must "be applied impartially to the vessels of all States." (San Remo, art. 100). The blockading party may stop ships claiming to carry humanitarian aid. The duty to ensure that the humanitarian needs of a blockaded territory are met, which Israel complies with, does not imply a duty to allow the passage of a particular ship. Major John Dehn, a law professor at the West Point Military Academy, says that, if a state has instituted a legal blockade, then it can board neutral ships in international waters. However, there must also be a reasonable belief that "the vessel is trying to breach a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture." In radio exchanges with Israeli navy personnel on May 30, the flotilla crew made it clear that they intended to run the Gaza blockade. Therefore, Israel was well within its rights to stop the boats. Under the law of a blockade, intercepting a vessel could apply globally so long as a ship is bound for a "belligerent" territory, legal experts say.

The US seems to be heavily supporting the Iranian protests with a Farsi twitter feed being established to help protesters gather and get updates on what's happening. Everything is hush hush everywhere else though.

Good. :smile:
Original post by ma3eeni
Funnily enough that's how they'd feel about you. So why the moral superiority syndrome?

I don't murder my opponents or bomb hotels. It's disgusting that you think Hamas are morally equivalent to a normal human being. There's a difference between a terrorist hell bent on destroying a nation state and someone who calls for those terrorists to be hunted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria
What do you mean by Norwegians?

Norway is thought to be one of the most anti-Semitic countries in the developed world. Not as a result of recent Islamic immigration which, I admit, can be incredibly bigoted towards Jews but as a result of their conduct during the last century. Or their conduct during the last decade even. For my part, I think the Norwegians are pretty damn chill.

Latest

Trending

Trending