The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 1
I'm currently at LCC, it's crap..they're also stopping intakes for Marketing & Advertising which is what I'm doing at the mo, if you haven't been to an open day I suggest you do..:wink:

I didn't and know I'm gonna have to pay for it (literally) but I'm applying to go Queen Mary next year so I'm not that worried. :lol:

Elephant & Castle is dry..nothing to do, nowhere to go..people seem half dead..

If you like LCC then all the best :hello:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh dear lol :s-smilie: I've applied for a few places in London though including London met so maybe it'll be okay?
Hi - I posted an article in another thread in the UAL sub forum - but it relates directly to the LCC, see below, also found at:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1016013

Like someone said above - visit any place you are thinking of applying to or at least very serious if you are about to choose it over other options on your list, ask questions and look at student/staff ratio and facilities etc.

Anyway, this was the post, makes for disturbing reading actually:

A piece from the Times Higher reports how a PR lecturer resigned from the London College of Communication (LCC) - UAL, over some of the issues raised above, stating that the LCC isn't supporting its students:

A lecturer has resigned from his job at the London College of Communication, claiming that the institution is not properly supporting its students.

Paul Simpson was course director of the BA in public relations, which survived a cull of 16 out of 19 courses in the School of Creative Enterprise over the summer.

He resigned last week, having raised concerns about the lack of teaching support available for students on the three remaining courses: the BA and MA in public relations, and the BA in creative advertising.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=408974&c=1

It does make for disturbing reading actually - the readers' comments below the article are even worse - suggesting that (in some cases) the whole of UAL is potentially in "meltdown".

Always heed the good advice of visiting any institution you are seriously thinking of applying to first - ask pertinent questions, see the facilities, what shape are they in financially, staff to student ratio etc.
Reply 4
I've heard so many dodgy things about LCC this week it makes me kinda glad I didn't realise I could have applied there via Route A for this years' intake ><
Strikes, walk outs, students picketing and distrupting lectures, course cuts... ugh, it's not good.. hope none of this comes to Camberwell.
Reply 5
The students protesting didn't disrupt any lectures. In fact they were encouraging lecturers and students to continue as normal. It was the management who were cancelling things, calling the police (they're fond of doing that) Hiring extra security staff needlessly and just generally being rude bastards to students who are directly affected by their stupid restructure and who have genuine concerns about the way the whole process is being managed.
I wouldn't recommend anyone come to LCC unless they get rid of the management team and replace them for people who are less incompetent.

Latest

Trending

Trending