The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If it's AQA, they ****** up all the AS language grades last year.
natty_d
If it's AQA, they ****** up all the AS language grades last year.

Really?! How?!

And thanks for all your supportive words guys :biggrin: I feel happier alreaaadyyy
Reply 42
lechaton-x
Really?! How?!

And thanks for all your supportive words guys :biggrin: I feel happier alreaaadyyy

My mate got a U, and everyone was like :lolwut: no joke. Then they sent it for a remark and then AQA had the cheek to say oh you're right and it went up one UMS mark :colonhash:

She re-did the exam in January and got full marks :facepalm2:

Not even lying.
Good luck, I hope this gets sorted for you!
natty_d
My mate got a U, and everyone was like :lolwut: no joke. Then they sent it for a remark and then AQA had the cheek to say oh you're right and it went up one UMS mark :colonhash:

She re-did the exam in January and got full marks :facepalm2:

Not even lying.

Oh god, that's horrendous :frown: Thanks for sharing that with me though, I mean- it's not so much the idea of retaking that's annoying me, but the fact that this mark is so so so WRONG and I'm more than this!

I take it your friend was very good at the subject then! The school should have been able to do more for her!
well there this bull-shyt about the results. i have seen my self people having a C grade getting it re-checked when their school appeals..they have gotten A.
i'm actually now thinking about getting my Pe remarked now, i've been a solid A the whole year and got an high A in the end of year mock and i found this paper alot easier and was thinking i might get 100%, i managed to get a low D :s-smilie: which is like 35/90 there is no way i got that low. you guys think i should get it remarked?
ithinkimcool
i'm actually now thinking about getting my Pe remarked now, i've been a solid A the whole year and got an high A in the end of year mock and i found this paper alot easier and was thinking i might get 100%, i managed to get a low D :s-smilie: which is like 35/90 there is no way i got that low. you guys think i should get it remarked?

Go for it. Mind you, I would kill for a low D atm :rolleyes:
cheers :smile: hope all turns out good for you and they marked both of us wrong and we actually aced the exams :P
Reply 49
lechaton-x
I just received my AS results, and the sheet of paper has informed me that I obtained a U in French.

Every single member of staff found it unbelievable, and naturally I started bawling my eyes out. I had been predicted a safe B, with the possibility of bringing it up to an A- which made me quite comfortable as I thought I definitely did well enough in my exam to at least pass the bloody thing.

I know a lot of you will probably just shoot me down for this, but so many things just don't add up.

1) I'm an A grade student, the lowest GCSE I got was a B- and my other 2 results were an A and a high B (three marks off)....it seems pretty inconsistent to get a U grade.

2) I was predicted a B, and I was at school every single night doing extra work to ensure I got that B. Even my teacher said the worst case scenario would be me getting a C.

3) I was given Us for both the exam and the oral....I could have seen myself maybe ******* up the exam, but my oral was solid and the lowest mark I was ever given on a mock paper was a C for the whole year.

4) My oral was marked my the languages department prior to be sent off for a official marking, then all agreed that my oral was of A-grade standard- whereas I was awarded a mere 23 UMS (24 was needed for an E grade)

I just can't understand it, everyone thinks there is some sort of error and my school is paying for a urgent remark for me, the phone has been ringing off the hook with past teachers and a language assistant who taught me once even called from Paris to express his concerns for me.

I think it's a mistake, but there is a part of me that is doubting myself- and making me think that I am a complete **** up, even though my past work, grades and fluency in French is definitely that of a B grade. Just a little bit of moral support please. I want to do Arabic at university, but I can't do that with this grade in a language...

I got a D in my French speaking exam (when I was predicted an A), luckily with my listening/reading/writing paper it brought me to a B overall, but I know my school is appealing it. The only other person who does AS French with me in my school is a genius who got the highest amount of A* grades in the school at GCSE and she got a D in her speaking too. In fact I got 1 more point than her. So you're not alone. I hope it gets sorted for you.
Reply 50
This seems to happeneing a lot this year.... :/
This is probably a fluke, get a re-mark, pronto.
I hear you!
Our genius Oxbridge bound French student got an E in her Oral, and I got a B.

There is absolutely NO sense in this at all and it's obviously 100% wrong.
For AS I contested a C grade I got in my oral and it went up by 7 UMS to a B.

I've sent my French off for a remark (at the personal cost of £100 for a priority remark!!!!) and if it goes up by the same amount then I can easily get an A, and then get into my first choice unviersity.

Do AQA not understand they are playing with our futures?? Fingers crossed :yep:
Reply 53
I want to send my Spanish oral off for a remark - whats the precedure for this? Sorry to keep asking but I'm panicking so badly atm
Reply 54
Good luck with your remark, I hope you get the grade you deserve :smile:
It's really annoying when you see a low grade you honestly think you don't deserve. Also makes me so confused when you achieve really high throughout the year for the grade that actually matters to be lower than you expect!
This is exactly what has happened to me, and my entire French class. We all received U's when the predicted grades were A/B. It's devastating :|
They do make mistakes! Trust me!

Apply for a remark. That's the best thing to do.
Reply 57
This seems to be happening alot...suspicious methinks.

Appeal for a remark, no doubt about it. The grade doesn't correspond to your prior achievements in the subject so something's clearly gone amiss! Remember there's still plenty of time to boost it up, everything's going to be okay! :smile:

Also, how do we get stuff remarked? I'm unsure where to start really...it's not that urgent but i'm 1 mark off a grade on a couple of papers and it really is quite infuriating!

They've been mean this year :frown:
Kirst.birst
This is exactly what has happened to me, and my entire French class. We all received U's when the predicted grades were A/B. It's devastating :|

AQA again I take it?

I am completely crushed -.- My parents are fuming as well, definitely going to complain if it's a remark. Even if I don't get my predicted A/B....just going up to a C/D would make a world of difference if they're still feeling stingy with the marks. At least then I could just attempt another (FLAWLESS :mad:) oral or try and sit the exam again...

Try and add me on Facebook- my name is on my profile. I'd like to speak some more to you about it :frown:
Paparazzi
I want to send my Spanish oral off for a remark - whats the precedure for this? Sorry to keep asking but I'm panicking so badly atm

You have to go through the school, if you have an exams officer go to them they'll send it off for you for a priority re-mark - it cost me £49.95 I think - and you'll get it back in a couple of days fingers crossed.
Or go to your head of Sixth Form/College or wherever, but just remember time is of the essence and don't waste ANY time at all!

Best of luck!!!:smile:

Latest