The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saks10111
I just got an offer for Business Economics!!!

Congratulations :woo:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by AmiB
Law M100, sent mine off on the 22nd October and its still with the department :s-smilie:

Original post by TylerA
How long was your wait between being accepted by department, and receiving an offer via UCAS?

Oh that's pretty recent, I sent mine almost a month before you, so don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet. Umm I actually forgot to obsessively stalk AES haha, so I can't give you the exact time frame, but I should say about a week or so. From what I've heard, once your application has been received by a College, you're pretty much in, excluding a few rare exceptions.

Original post by cpdavis
Congratulations :woo:

Thank you! :biggrin:
any idea why my sig isn't showing in some posts? :s-smilie:
Reply 483
Has anyone had an offer for Philosophy and/or Theology yet?
Reply 484
How long has it been for people from being received by dept to being received by a college?
I just got an offer for Business Economics!!!

Congratulations!!! You must be so excited :biggrin:
any idea why my sig isn't showing in some posts? :s-smilie:

i think it comes up in your first post on every page :smile:
Original post by sandfishes
I did! :smile: Thanks! I'm over the moon right now, and it's completely distracting me from studying for my Oxford LAT tomorrow morning. :tongue:

Again, the best of luck to the rest of you!

Grats!! And good luck - I've got the HAT tomorrow. Also, awesome college choice :biggrin: I have long history with Christ Church and my fresher friends there are having such a great time :smile:
Reply 488
Original post by sandfishes
!!! I got my offer today for Classics and nearly had a heart attack.
Good luck to all of you!

Don't put too much stock in when they send offers or rejections, I genuinely don't think it matters at all. Again, good luck!

Congratulations! (from another hopeful Classicist)
When did you send yours off?
any idea how long the politics dept. take usually?
Original post by AmiB
Law M100, sent mine off on the 22nd October and its still with the department :s-smilie:

We've got a long ways until anything will come out of that department.
Original post by Jing_jing
^^ Thank you! It definately takes the pressure off a little but the grades are hard!
Yeah, I'm actually horrendous at mechanics, it's just too hard for me!

hard grades? u will be fine, ur as grades will help you along :smile:
Any one had an offer for history yet...or atleast been moved to college??
Reply 493
Original post by adam0311
We've got a long ways until anything will come out of that department.

Why is this?
Original post by LukethePianoMan
hard grades? u will be fine, ur as grades will help you along :smile:

Yeah, A*A*A2 with A* in maths and f. maths or A*AA1
> <
Thank you! Fingers crossed it'll go alright in summer or I may have to hide in a hole and cry :p: Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Congratulations!!! You must be so excited :biggrin:

Thanks! Because of AES, I was kind of expecting it, but it was still so exciting to log into Track and see that 'Conditional' :P

Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
i think it comes up in your first post on every page :smile:

Haha thanks, I've just noticed that :smile:
Original post by Laytono
Congratulations! (from another hopeful Classicist)
When did you send yours off?

I sent it on the 12th, I believe. But I am an international student, which might affect the amount of time for getting an offer.

Good luck on your applications! :biggrin: You'll do great!

Original post by rophie.soss
I got an offer from Exeter today!
Wow, so jealous - I thought Durham didn't give them out for months yet! Congratulations! To which colleges did you two apply?

Congrats on the offer! In the acknowledgement I got from Durham, they said "after January 15th", but I don't think that applies to every major - just a general rule. I applied to Castle, and it looks like I was successful! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Good luck on the rest of your apps, I'm sure you'll do amazing.
Reply 497
Original post by nofish4u
Any one had an offer for history yet...or atleast been moved to college??

No, and no afaik. Tbh I think we'll be lucky to hear before Christmas, unfortunately :frown:.
Original post by Jing_jing
Yeah, A*A*A2 with A* in maths and f. maths or A*AA1
> <
Thank you! Fingers crossed it'll go alright in summer or I may have to hide in a hole and cry :p: Have you heard anything yet?

wow, thats a pretty hard offer to get, but im sure u will succeed :smile: good luck in your step revision too cuz i know that is pretty hard
i have got AAA offers from Nottingham and Birmingham, but I prefer Nottinghamso the Birmingham offer is of little use to me, apart from making me a little bit happier :smile:
Reply 499
TylerA
english offer

OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS. When did you send off your form, when did you get acknowledged/send to department? I want an offer so badly ._.

Latest