The Student Room Group

LNAT

I took my LNAT today and I think I did poorly on my section A but my section B was good. The lnat unis I'm applying to are Cambridge, Durham and KCL. Are all hopes gone for my application/ are they really slim now? Also I heard Cambridge prioritizes the essay but I'm not sure that's true
Reply 1
Original post by Tilly0561
I took my LNAT today and I think I did poorly on my section A but my section B was good. The lnat unis I'm applying to are Cambridge, Durham and KCL. Are all hopes gone for my application/ are they really slim now? Also I heard Cambridge prioritizes the essay but I'm not sure that's true

You might be okay as Cambridge take a holistic approach and they interview most applicants. Furthermore my daughter got into Cambridge where she did bad in the logic section of her entrance exam, but really good in the essay and interview. It was for philosophy rather than law, but entrance exam was similar I believe.
Reply 2
(Original post by Tilly0561)I took my LNAT today and I think I did poorly on my section A but my section B was good. The lnat unis I'm applying to are Cambridge, Durham and KCL. Are all hopes gone for my application/ are they really slim now? Also I heard Cambridge prioritizes the essay but I'm not sure that's true

I feel that - i took my LNAT today and section A was really hard.
what kind of essay questions did people get? i already took mine but i feel like everyone gets different essay qs and i'm scared my essay will be bad compared to others
Original post by Tilly0561

what makes u think u did so badly? im sure it went better than u think
hey guys i know its not completely related to this thread but I have a question.

does anyone know if LNAT ninja questions are worth doing? im not sure if theyre reflective of the actual LNAT's difficulty.

Ive been doing Arbitio tests with a high of 20 and a low of 15, still need to complete 7 more then i intend to do the official samples to see if the arbitio magic of going from a score of 18 to 27 works.

Any feedback or advice, or even words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated
Reply 6
Original post by Lunnr006.302
hey guys i know its not completely related to this thread but I have a question.

does anyone know if LNAT ninja questions are worth doing? im not sure if theyre reflective of the actual LNAT's difficulty.

Ive been doing Arbitio tests with a high of 20 and a low of 15, still need to complete 7 more then i intend to do the official samples to see if the arbitio magic of going from a score of 18 to 27 works.

Any feedback or advice, or even words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated

the LNATninja questions are from the official sample papers, so if you are planning on doing those anyway then its not necessary. ninja doesn't provide free solutions either so you are probably better off doing the official samples.
Original post by poofart123
the LNATninja questions are from the official sample papers, so if you are planning on doing those anyway then its not necessary. ninja doesn't provide free solutions either so you are probably better off doing the official samples.

Oh fascinating, I thought they were completely separate. So would you argue that they are of a similar difficulty to the real thing? Because if so then that's very relieving
Reply 8
Oh fascinating, I thought they were completely separate. So would you argue that they are of a similar difficulty to the real thing? Because if so then that's very relieving

I did my LNAT last week and the difficulty was pretty similar to the main simulator test on the website. There were definitely a few harder, more abstract passages that caught me off guard though especially with the nerves of test day.
I did my LNAT last week and the difficulty was pretty similar to the main simulator test on the website. There were definitely a few harder, more abstract passages that caught me off guard though especially with the nerves of test day.

Im sure you've done well, I have until December so I'm taking the revision slowly but seriously, as long as I do well on the official papers, those being the papers on the lnat ninja and the lnat website, then I shouldn't stress right?
Reply 10
Im sure you've done well, I have until December so I'm taking the revision slowly but seriously, as long as I do well on the official papers, those being the papers on the lnat ninja and the lnat website, then I shouldn't stress right?

Yeah you're off to a good start already, I wouldn't stress at all. I started revising for mine around 2 months before my exam. LNAT ninja has quite a useful option to only do questions you've gotten wrong previously as well so I'd recommend that, although there aren't worked solutions for them. Try not to focus on the scores you're getting now too much as well because I've known people who have gotten really low in practice and came out with solid scores in the real thing. Good luck
Yeah you're off to a good start already, I wouldn't stress at all. I started revising for mine around 2 months before my exam. LNAT ninja has quite a useful option to only do questions you've gotten wrong previously as well so I'd recommend that, although there aren't worked solutions for them. Try not to focus on the scores you're getting now too much as well because I've known people who have gotten really low in practice and came out with solid scores in the real thing. Good luck

Thanks man, good luck with your application! Hoping it all goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending