The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by Laytono
Hi, applying for Classics too, Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Bristol + Nottingham :smile: cant stop checking aes! Do you know if any classicists have Durham offers and when they will let us know?

Yes, I know of at least one who already has an offer for Classics at Durham. But I also know of a couple of people who haven't heard anything like you and me.
Which college did you go for? Any offers from other unis yet?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 841
Conditional from St. Cuth's to do Combined Social Sciences (: I was expecting a rejection so this is going to make picking a firm way harder!
Original post by tashhh
Conditional from St. Cuth's to do Combined Social Sciences (: I was expecting a rejection so this is going to make picking a firm way harder!

woo!

Out of interest, are you going to do sociology, philosophy and politics? Just interested in why you didn't apply for PP (apart from the fact that Combined is the most amazing course ever).
Reply 843
Original post by playxsailxliv
Yeah I received an offer on tuesday. What languages do you plan to study?

I have also applied for modern languages at Durham! Do you mind me asking what your offer is? AAB?
Original post by njs
I have also applied for modern languages at Durham! Do you mind me asking what your offer is? AAB?

Nice! Which ones do you plan to study? Have they made a decision yet?

And I don't mind at all haha, it's an IB offer though so I'm not sure how much it'll mean =P But it's 36 overall with a 6 in HL French.

Is Durham your first choice?
Original post by tashhh

Congrats on your offer! =]

How did they inform you of your college?! You're so lucky to know the wait is killing me :confused:
Reply 846
Original post by Sappho
Yes, I know of at least one who already has an offer for Classics at Durham. But I also know of a couple of people who haven't heard anything like you and me.
Which college did you go for? Any offers from other unis yet?

Was the one who got an offer an international student? That would make me feel better! Got an offer from Nottingham, AAB. How about you?
Reply 847
Original post by playxsailxliv
Congrats on your offer! =]

How did they inform you of your college?! You're so lucky to know the wait is killing me :confused:

The campus code for St. Cuth's was somewhere on Track, I *think* - maybe the offer letter?

Original post by angelmxxx
woo!

Out of interest, are you going to do sociology, philosophy and politics? Just interested in why you didn't apply for PP (apart from the fact that Combined is the most amazing course ever).

Yup, Sociology, Philosophy and Politics. Not many places do a combined honours program so it seemed stupid not to take advantage of it (:
Reply 848
I need a bit of advice, Durham is my top uni and has given me AAB offer which I'll probably achieve (touch wood).
But, Bristol has offered A*BB....how unwise is it to put Bristol as a reserve?
Got my offer on Wed, how long does it take for colleges to get back to you? Not that it's important, It'd just be nice to know. :smile:
Reply 849
Original post by catherine93
Anyone heard anything for history?! Or any idea when we might?! :smile:

Don't know, applied in september and nothing until yesterday when my AES changed to
V100 History - ft
•Your application has been received by a College
•A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

So hopefully they'll make decisions soon!
My AES changed to received by college too, I so hope I'm not the minority that shows up as accepted when it's really rejected :frown:
Reply 851
Original post by Vintage05
anyone heard who is applying for biomed?!

I got a cond. offer yesterday, but my AES still hasn't changed yet. :tongue:
Reply 852
Original post by Laytono
Was the one who got an offer an international student? That would make me feel better! Got an offer from Nottingham, AAB. How about you?

Yes, she is. Do internationals usually get a decision earlier? Don't scare me, please, I'm an international too...
No offers or rejections yet here. I've applied on 14 October, so about a month ago. When did you apply?
Which Cambridge college are you applying to?
Do you know Latin and/or Greek or will you start (one of) them from scratch?
Reply 853
Original post by pipster93
That's quite alright!! An easy assumption to make :smile:

Have you recieved an offer yet? If so well done! If not, good luck to you too!

x

:smile:

No, I'm applying late as wanted to initially do a gap year and know have changed career routes, so aiming to submit my app. this week.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 854
F105 Chemistry - Mchem

* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

finally updated!
Does anyone know how long it takes to be confirmed by a college?

I got an offer through UCAS on Thursday, and it says that a college will be in contact "soon".
Reply 856
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Does anyone know how long it takes to be confirmed by a college?

I got an offer through UCAS on Thursday, and it says that a college will be in contact "soon".

About 5 days(ish), think it depends on the college :smile:
Original post by Rocks:)
I need a bit of advice, Durham is my top uni and has given me AAB offer which I'll probably achieve (touch wood).
But, Bristol has offered A*BB....how unwise is it to put Bristol as a reserve?
Got my offer on Wed, how long does it take for colleges to get back to you? Not that it's important, It'd just be nice to know. :smile:

Well - if you're very likely to get one A* then it's a good insurance choice, as you've got the BB as opposed to Durham's AB.

However if you're not confident of getting an A* it's not a good insurance.

Have you got any other offers yet? If those end up being your only 2 offers it's OK to put Bristol as your second choice if you'd rather go to Durham - choose your firm based on where you want to go, as if you firmed Bristol but got A*AB they might not let you change to Durham (and Durham would probably be full).

If you get more offers, think about if you'd actually go to the other unis - if you wouldn't go to them and you'd rather go into clearing or have a gap year, put Bristol as your insurance.
Reply 858
Anyone heard anything for English?!
Has anyone who is not international or post a-levels heard anything for natural sciences. The same message of not being received by a college has haunted me for weeks now!! :mad:
ps this is nothing against international or post a level applicants just that it seems they hear faster.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest