Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Super_Steven
I applied to English and American Literature. what about you ?:smile:

I applied for English and American Lit and CW and a Year Abroad and it took them a week to make me an offer. So I don't think they take very long to decide. But maybe my course is less subscribed than yours? I don't know, just sit tight haha! I'm sure they won't take forever like *cough* Lancaster *cough*

Original post by Champagne Supernova
Anybody putting Kent as their firm or insurance, good luck over the next year! :biggrin: Any questions (I'm currently a first year studying Biology, if that helps) - just ask. :top:

Ooh, you're going to regret offering to answer questions, I have tonnes!

I just got my offer pack in the post (it feels so good writing that! :woo:) and they said you can apply for accommodation as soon as you get an offer, regardless of whether you know if it will be your firm or insurance... soooo.... bit of a subjective question but which accommodation would you recommend?

I've narrowed it down to Tyler Court, Parkwood and Darwin (I want to be self catered) but I don't know which one to pick. I'm thinking of choosing Parkwood because I want to buy myself a bike as a getting-into-uni present but Darwin's cheaper... :dontknow:
I'm awful at leaving things to the last minute so it might be easier for me to apply for accommodation now before I forget.

Do you know if Canterbury have good veggie/vegan cafes and restaurants?

Um... I reckon the answer to this will be yes but are there loads of different races and ethnicities?

Would you say Canterbury is an affordable place to live as a student?

Yeah, I think that's enough now haha! Thank you! :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by diamonddust
I applied for English and American Lit and CW and a Year Abroad and it took them a week to make me an offer. So I don't think they take very long to decide. But maybe my course is less subscribed than yours? I don't know, just sit tight haha! I'm sure they won't take forever like *cough* Lancaster *cough*

I just got my offer pack in the post (it feels so good writing that! :woo:) and they said you can apply for accommodation as soon as you get an offer, regardless of whether you know if it will be your firm or insurance... soooo.... bit of a subjective question but which accommodation would you recommend?

I've narrowed it down to Tyler Court, Parkwood and Darwin (I want to be self catered) but I don't know which one to pick. I'm thinking of choosing Parkwood because I want to buy myself a bike as a getting-into-uni present but Darwin's cheaper... :dontknow:
I'm awful at leaving things to the last minute so it might be easier for me to apply for accommodation now before I forget.

Um... I reckon the answer to this will be yes but are there loads of different races and ethnicities?

They are still saying on the website to apply for 2010/11 accomodation so we can't apply yet :frown:
Original post by applepumpkin
They are still saying on the website to apply for 2010/11 accomodation so we can't apply yet :frown:

*shakes fist at Kent* Filthy liars!!! :tongue: :redface:

I've officially booked my applicant day! Tres excited! :biggrin: I'm going on the 15th December so if any English and American Lit people have an offer and are going to an applicant day, pick the 15th so I'm not alone! :tongue: :biggrin:
Now I just need to find £36 so I can book the train... 'Oh, MOTHER...' :colone:
Why do I have the feeling my previous love for UEA will be wiped out when I visit Kent?
I think I'm a bit of a university hussy! My affection is only fleeting, the next university I get an offer from will be the one I fall in love with! :wink:

I live in Parkwod and its Freaking Awesome! Whilst it isnt directly on campus,the distance and time it takes to get to campus is greatly exagerated. It takes me roughly 15 mins to get from my house in parkwood to my seminar in darwin...

I havnt really looked in town, but the bars and cafes on campus do a range of vegetarian options, however vegan options are limited. This is set to change as at Kent Union AGM we voted to asses the nutritional value and selection of vegetarian an vegan otions on campus, so by the time you get here there will be more choice.

Also UKC is a very ehnically diverse campus with and has many societies for people of different ethnicities and nationalities.
I got an offer of ABC for History and Politics the other day, predicted ABB.
Original post by BruinsFan91
I live in Parkwod and its Freaking Awesome! Whilst it isnt directly on campus,the distance and time it takes to get to campus is greatly exagerated. It takes me roughly 15 mins to get from my house in parkwood to my seminar in darwin...

I havnt really looked in town, but the bars and cafes on campus do a range of vegetarian options, however vegan options are limited. This is set to change as at Kent Union AGM we voted to asses the nutritional value and selection of vegetarian an vegan otions on campus, so by the time you get here there will be more choice.

Also UKC is a very ehnically diverse campus with and has many societies for people of different ethnicities and nationalities.

Pos repped! Thank you for all of this! :biggrin::biggrin:
I'm stupidly excited now! Can't wait for the applicant day! :woo:
Kent were the first University to reply to my application :biggrin:

I'm going to do Hispanic Studies and Business Administration and I only need to get 280 UCAS Points! Wahey :biggrin:
Congratulations to all that have received offers! :smile:

Yeah, Parkwood is brilliant. I lived in Purchas Court, Parkwood in my first year and had a great time. Then living off campus after that...definitely missed the convenience in terms of living so close to the main part of campus.
Especially when in years 2/3 you'd be trudging up the hill early in the morning during winter :tongue:

But still, I loved it so much that I'm going back there to do my MA next year. (Kent Uni in general, I mean. Not Parkwood. :tongue: )
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by willdev
Got a letter through the post today from Kent(Medway), offered me an interview :biggrin:

Any suggests on what to expect?

Applying for computer science

Thanks

Same but for IT(Software engineering)
Reply 149
BBC for Multimedia Tech and Design ! Predicted AAB though, why couldn't they just make it unconditional?? Oh well. Parkwood sounds like the best accomodation choice. Can't wait.
Reply 150
Law for me!! :smile:
Got an offer today for Biology, BBB so I am very pleased!
Anybody putting Kent as their firm or insurance, good luck over the next year! :biggrin: Any questions (I'm currently a first year studying Biology, if that helps) - just ask. :top:

This is exactly what I have been looking for! I got an offer just now for Biology at Kent so it would be amazing to speak to someone like you who is studying my course at the uni i have applied! Hope I am ok to ask these questions:

Is the Biology course at Kent based mainly on Human Biology?
What do you think of the Biology course itself, what are the good and bad things?
Hands up who's applying to Parkwood? :P
It would be so funny if Parkwood was filled up with fresher TSRians!
Anyone going on the applicant day on the 15th December? I can't wait to see Kent!
Reply 154

It would be so funny if Parkwood was filled up with fresher TSRians!

It was this year :p: there was a TSR meet and everything!

Well, it depends if you're looking to self-cater or not! If not, then Parkwood is probably ideal considering the price. Naturally, Tyler Court is the nicest accomm, but it's much more expensive! I'd also recommend the Parkwood houses and not flats as the flats are quite a trek from the rest of campus!

As for veggie stuff, I'm not too sure at all.

There's a small mix, yes, but mainly there's a strong English presence (mainly southerners). Though I only really notice this mix on campus!

Yes, if you go to the right places! That's the same for anywhere, of course! :wink: Campus is affordable, but sometimes it's nicer to go down to the huge Asda, where it can be cheaper than the campus shops. One thing I also love about Campus is the vast number of food/drinking (:ninja:) outlets at good prices. :smile: If you get bored of campus then there are some decent places in Canterbury to entertain yourself too! :smile:

Original post by JamesSimonHudson
This is exactly what I have been looking for! I got an offer just now for Biology at Kent so it would be amazing to speak to someone like you who is studying my course at the uni i have applied! Hope I am ok to ask these questions:

Is the Biology course at Kent based mainly on Human Biology?
What do you think of the Biology course itself, what are the good and bad things?

Well, so far (after only 8 weeks), my honest answer is no...however I'm sensing that everything I'm currently studying is building up to a big focus on human health. Naturally, there are some modules that are focused around human biology such as Human Physiology and Disease. The first year also has extremely similar modules to Biomedical Science (a course traditionally dealing with human biology) if that helps. As I've only been studying for a few weeks, for these questions, I may not be the person to ask...a second year may be better. Looking at the module outline for the 2nd year though, there is more human biology.
My enjoyment for the course so far is good, but I've found it study intensive and not a subject to slack in! :smile:
Reply 156
Hey, im wondering if anyone could help me,
im within the 14 days for subsituting a choice which i want to do.
However my personal statement is for geography, but highlights global warming and my conservation volunteering eg. nature based.
I want to apply to environmental studies at kent, Do you think they will give me an offer?
I dont know whether to risk it or chose my other option which is geography at portsmouth.
Any feedback would be great
Reply 157
has anyone got offers for bsc economics??thanks.
Original post by shunsley4
Hey, im wondering if anyone could help me,
im within the 14 days for subsituting a choice which i want to do.
However my personal statement is for geography, but highlights global warming and my conservation volunteering eg. nature based.
I want to apply to environmental studies at kent, Do you think they will give me an offer?
I dont know whether to risk it or chose my other option which is geography at portsmouth.
Any feedback would be great

do you go to south hunsley school?
Well, it depends if you're looking to self-cater or not! If not, then Parkwood is probably ideal considering the price. Naturally, Tyler Court is the nicest accomm, but it's much more expensive! I'd also recommend the Parkwood houses and not flats as the flats are quite a trek from the rest of campus!

As for veggie stuff, I'm not too sure at all.

There's a small mix, yes, but mainly there's a strong English presence (mainly southerners). Though I only really notice this mix on campus!

Yes, if you go to the right places! That's the same for anywhere, of course! :wink: Campus is affordable, but sometimes it's nicer to go down to the huge Asda, where it can be cheaper than the campus shops. One thing I also love about Campus is the vast number of food/drinking (:ninja:) outlets at good prices. :smile: If you get bored of campus then there are some decent places in Canterbury to entertain yourself too! :smile:

Well, so far (after only 8 weeks), my honest answer is no...however I'm sensing that everything I'm currently studying is building up to a big focus on human health. Naturally, there are some modules that are focused around human biology such as Human Physiology and Disease. The first year also has extremely similar modules to Biomedical Science (a course traditionally dealing with human biology) if that helps. As I've only been studying for a few weeks, for these questions, I may not be the person to ask...a second year may be better. Looking at the module outline for the 2nd year though, there is more human biology.
My enjoyment for the course so far is good, but I've found it study intensive and not a subject to slack in! :smile:

ahh right ok well thats cool thanks for your help you are exactly the person i need to speak to. can i ask afew more:

what are the facilities like at kent? like the labs etc etc what do you think of them?
what is the uni itself like overall? is the night life good etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending