The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Any geography/ St Mary's offers at all yet?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by bubbaa
It seems to be taking ages!
Well done on your offer :smile:

Ah cheers :smile:
Don't worry about it, you haven't been rejected!
They will take as long as they want, which, if you are lucky, might not be long.
Original post by alphaeta08
As long as you weren't wearing dirty, disgusting IU stuff, I'm cool with Michigan!:biggrin:

I applied to Hild and Bede, mostly because I wanted a bigger college, and they seem hardcore (well, even more hardcore than the rest of Durham) in sports. I feel like 500 or fewer people would be like a) a really big sorority, or b) a really small high school, both of which I've outgrown (she says while wearing leggings, a long sweatshirt, and knockoff Uggs. I wish I were joking :rolleyes:).

Did I make this up in my head, or are you at UCLA? I know it says Atlanta on your thing, but I thought I read it somewhere...

Ahh yes looking forward to the IU purdue game next week. And I'm really hoping that they can beat MSU right now, although they're down a bit. MSU needs to get knocked down. Did you grow up in Indiana? I grew up in carmel which I think is around an hour and a half away from purdue.

I usually like bigger, but I thought it was worth compromising for a castle plus the traditions. And I figured I'd make friends on my course or through sports, so any size problems would be made up on that end. Are you planning on doing any sports?

Oh no, I could never go west! Can't deal with cali kids. Much prefer southerners and midwesterners.
Original post by grangerrr
Any geography/ St Mary's offers at all yet?

I have an offer for Geog :smile:
I'm applying for History to Saint Cuthbert's and I still have not got an update on the AES. It still says that the Department are lookign at it! Oh no!
Original post by adam0311
Ahh yes looking forward to the IU purdue game next week. And I'm really hoping that they can beat MSU right now, although they're down a bit. MSU needs to get knocked down. Did you grow up in Indiana? I grew up in carmel which I think is around an hour and a half away from purdue.

I usually like bigger, but I thought it was worth compromising for a castle plus the traditions. And I figured I'd make friends on my course or through sports, so any size problems would be made up on that end. Are you planning on doing any sports?

Oh no, I could never go west! Can't deal with cali kids. Much prefer southerners and midwesterners.

Oh dude, we're screwed. I'm just hoping we beat IU by like three. It's a sad year when you're scared you might actually lose to them.:frown:

I've lived in Indiana (Valpo) since I was 11, but before that we moved like it was our J-O-B because of my dad's job. My southern experience consists of a few years living in Dallas in elementary school, which I actually really enjoyed! Poor Carmel people get a hard time here because every single one of them without exception is SO RICH!:rolleyes: If not for the overwhelming religiosity, I'd never leave the south or midwest, either. You don't get better people than that!

As for sports, my sorority is the reigning intramural extreme dodgeball champions, but that doesn't seem to be offered.:biggrin: I could definitely do basketball, though, because let me tell you, I was a starter... from sixth to eighth grade.:wink:

Are you pretty much set on Durham, or are you waiting on somewhere you like more?
Offer from castle! :d
Original post by Holybacon
Offer from castle! :d

Woah! Well done!
Reply 1168
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Woah! Well done!

Just wondering... have you applied for the BSc or the MSci at Durham?
Hope you hear from Clare soon!
Original post by Bently7
Just wondering... have you applied for the BSc or the MSci at Durham?
Hope you hear from Clare soon!

Msci, cuz i was told it is easier to go from MSci to Bsc than BSc to MSci
And cheers, I'm getting annoyed now at Clare, I want to make plans!! If they reject me, all this prep would be for nothing!!
Woah! Well done!

Thank you!
Applied for business management so at the Queens Campus away from main one, so would that be a lot worse, be a small community if you see what i mean...?
Original post by Lead Pipes A Fortune Made
Just got conditional for Combined Hons (Arts)!! Resisting jumping up and down and omggz cliches... :banana2::bl:
felt the need for a crazy emoticon there
Anyone else got offers for St Cuths starting in Oct 2011?

Congrats! I'm applying for this course too! When did you send off your application? I'm desperate for a reply from Durham!!
Reply 1173
OFFER :biggrin:
natural sciences, not sure which college yet, I picked St Marys though I might have been pooled
and they want an A in further maths which will be tricky
but overall, I'm relieved!

YAY, somebody else with a NatSci offer :smile: Well done! I got one last week and they want an A in my AS further maths too which I wasn't expecting. What other grades do you need?
My offer has done the weird dissapearing thing though that others on here are having problems with. Hope they haven't changed their mind :frown:
Original post by alphaeta08
Oh dude, we're screwed. I'm just hoping we beat IU by like three. It's a sad year when you're scared you might actually lose to them.:frown:

I've lived in Indiana (Valpo) since I was 11, but before that we moved like it was our J-O-B because of my dad's job. My southern experience consists of a few years living in Dallas in elementary school, which I actually really enjoyed! Poor Carmel people get a hard time here because every single one of them without exception is SO RICH!:rolleyes: If not for the overwhelming religiosity, I'd never leave the south or midwest, either. You don't get better people than that!

As for sports, my sorority is the reigning intramural extreme dodgeball champions, but that doesn't seem to be offered.:biggrin: I could definitely do basketball, though, because let me tell you, I was a starter... from sixth to eighth grade.:wink:

Are you pretty much set on Durham, or are you waiting on somewhere you like more?

Well at least you didn't have to watch the michigan wisconsin game :mad:

That's funny, I only lived there from 2 to 10...so missed out on all the stereotypes. Although I ran into a huge group from carmel about a year ago, and picked up on that.

Now that there's a midwestern girl who plays dodgeball, Durham is definitely my firm :smile:.

I'm 90% positive I'll end up at Durham. LSE (even if they give me an offer) can't compete with the experience I'll have. And since I'm set on working in London upon graduation, I'd rather live in London where I'll have my own income and can actually enjoy the city.
Original post by OhNo_23
YAY, somebody else with a NatSci offer :smile: Well done! I got one last week and they want an A in my AS further maths too which I wasn't expecting. What other grades do you need?
My offer has done the weird dissapearing thing though that others on here are having problems with. Hope they haven't changed their mind :frown:

I don't think mine has done the disappearing thing yet!
Congratulations anyway!
I need maths and physics As too
what about you?
Reply 1176
I have a conditional offer for PGCE primary (conditional thanks to the governments making cuts!)
By default i think they stick me in Ustinov but tempted to try my luck at Hild and Bede!
Reply 1177
wooo! just got my letter today from university college with an offer. just put in an open application and i'm so happy with castle! :-) happy days.
Original post by robynxxx
wooo! just got my letter today from university college with an offer. just put in an open application and i'm so happy with castle! :-) happy days.

Talk about lucky! Castle w/ an open application, that's a score!
Reply 1179
Do universities see all of your AS grades or do they only see your predicted grades and the AS e.g. A*AAb

Latest