Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yellowstone
This early in the cycle, certain.

Correct!!!
Ahh, got an offer today!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks for your reply!

So so so so SO ecstatic!! :nutcase:

Joint honours, Anthropology & Sociology... I don't know about my college yet but I applied for Collingwood. Anyone else??

x
(edited 13 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I'm praying that I'm not one of the unlucky few that don't get an offer even though the application has been received by a college! It's stil early in the cycle so I doubt that the college will be full but don't want to set myself up for a fall!

... still ridiculously happy though :p: Hope I get my choice of college :h:
Anyone heard anything for English? Seems like i sent mine off agesss ago and still nothing :frown:
Reply 1303
Got an offer for engineering today - if there's a letter in the campus code box, is that definitely your college?
Original post by cadence
Got an offer for engineering today - if there's a letter in the campus code box, is that definitely your college?

Nah unfortunately they can still reallocate you, I wish that were the case =/ I still haven't heard from my college haha. They'll send you a letter in the post.
Who here is going to have Durham as their firm?
Original post by LukethePianoMan
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it was sent at the end of september!
dont worry about it though, they ould give an offer in march if they wanted!

Ah thanks OK, you were a couple weeks ahead of me then. There's still hope!

Original post by Jing_jing
I've not heard anything from them yet either and mine went on the 18th of Oct to Durham!
Guess we should just keep our fingers crossed!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! *fingers crossed*
Original post by AmyBabyxx

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! *fingers crossed*

> < My AES status changed today I think
Is there anyone who has applied to Durham, to study law, recieved any offers or rejections, and is not a foreign student?
Original post by kay_mart1
Wow an American! I have applied but not heard from them yet, didn't explain myself properly sorry! It is my deffo first choice providing i get an offer.
Where else have you applied? x

Oh got it! I also applied to Edinburgh, QMUL, and LSE. You?
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
Hi, I've applied for Biology aswell, but at Trevelyan. Haven't heard anything... AES says its still at the department as it has been for 7 weeks :s-smilie: Not many biologists on here to ask...

I havnt heard anything either and I applied for bio about 6 weeks ago...
Original post by Jing_jing
> < My AES status changed today I think

OMG mine too!! Wow so excited now :biggrin::biggrin:
Just got to hope Van Mildert and ____ college snap us up! (sorry I don't know which college you're going for :redface:)
Reply 1312
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this, I haven't been paying attention!

Van Mildert is a nice college, but I just don't think its for me. I originally looked at Durham, St Chad's specifically because I love the charm that the old buildings have, i think it just brings something to the atmosphere.

When i went to visit Van Mildert there were some things I did like and some things I didnt like. Firstly, one of the things I did like was the accommodation. You're never going to have to share a room with anyone, and the rooms themselves are all pretty big and clean. The college has its own gym, so from the point of the facilities they provide, that was really good. They have a huge dining hall, and its all catered, so thats great too. Also the outside area is really pretty, especially at night, coz theres like a little lake/pond thing in between all of the accommodation blocks.

On the negative side, the building that I stayed overnight in, (I cant remember what it's called, but its the one on the left-hand side as you're coming out of the main building, just by the pond) only had like one shower on each of the floors, which I found a bit odd. Could be interesting in the mornings if you want to get to class on time. Also, I didn't really like the location of the college, as its not in the centre of the town like the Bailey colleges, but its up on the hill (im really lazy, so for me thats a negative point! :P ) One thing which I thought was a real shame was that the communal areas (with the exception of the dining hall) were very small for such a large college. I mean, i think the college bar could seat about 20, maybe 30 people at most, and it was not a large area, so I can imagine that with a lot of students there, it would be incredibly overcrowded and hard to actually move about!

My personal reasons for not choosing Van Mildert shouldn't affect yours if you like the college. It does have its positive points. I was just quite gutted because its the complete opposite to the college I originally applied to, and not really what I was looking for, but it really depends on what you aim to get out of the place you end up living in.

Hope this helps!

x
Original post by AmyBabyxx
OMG mine too!! Wow so excited now :biggrin::biggrin:
Just got to hope Van Mildert and ____ college snap us up! (sorry I don't know which college you're going for :redface:)

Awesome! I am too! Can't wait to find out which college although I think we'll probably get our first choice as it's so early in the cycle!

I applied to Caste :h: It seemed so beautiful and I had a full half an hour to choose a college :p: I hope you get Van Midert!
Reply 1314
Original post by rach8 :)
I havnt heard anything either and I applied for bio about 6 weeks ago...

I applied to Bio at the start of this week.

6 Weeks is ages!
Original post by adam0311

Original post by adam0311
Oh got it! I also applied to Edinburgh, QMUL, and LSE. You?

Manchester, Newcastle, Warwick and Liverpool, which i have an offer for!
I was going to apply to Edinburgh but they only teach Scotish law there.
Where abouts in America are you from?
Original post by kay_mart1
Manchester, Newcastle, Warwick and Liverpool, which i have an offer for!
I was going to apply to Edinburgh but they only teach Scotish law there.
Where abouts in America are you from?

Oh nice!

Atlanta. The '96 olympics were held here and it's where coca cola is headquartered. But that's about all we're known for.

Just got unconditional offer for general engineering!! Although I don't know which college yet!?
Original post by misostars
I know how you feel in a way, I looked at this thread last week and I was like... **** people are getting offers for history, I thought everyone was in it for the long haul wait...
But in a way its better to hear nothing than a rejection... Last year they automatically rejected the whole batch first received cos they didn't have A* at GCSE Hist....
Also I sent mine on the 7th actually, perhaps this cheers you up :smile:
I do think part of mine that helped me is because I'm a young carer for my mum.. and I suppose special circumstances pop out at them...

Good luck though :smile: sure you will get an offer!

Awwww, thank you! It's the wait that's so damn frustrating, especially considering that they seem to be quite speedy (so far) this year. :redface: I am muttering 'no news is good news' repeatedly to myself, hahaha. :tongue: Tbh they're probably looking at my application and going 'Ewwwww, she wants to take a gap year', which doesn't bode particularly well for me. Haha! :rolleyes:

And I'll extend congratulations towards you, because there's pretty much no way you won't get an offer now! :biggrin:
Mildert does have formals actually, just not with gowns and not that regularly I think, and you can always go to formals at other colleges if you make friends there...good luck with your application!

Latest