The Student Room Group

US government jams wikileaks after secret document release

Whistle-blowing website Wikileaks says it has come under attack from a computer-hacking operation, ahead of a release of secret US documents.

"We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack," it said on its Twitter feed earlier.

It added that several newspapers will go ahead and publish the documents released to them by Wikileaks even if the site goes down.

The US state department has said the release will put many lives at risk.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has said the US authorities are afraid of being held to account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858637

Scroll to see replies

Take note of the BBC's title. Where are you getting your information that it was the US government that hacked the website?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by saleri

I guessed that the American govt will do something like this.
shocking news on Iraq:

The majority of the deaths (66,000, over 60%) of these are civilian deaths.That is 31 civilians dying every day during the six year period."
...so?
Reply 5
Original post by Low Profile
shocking news on Iraq:

The majority of the deaths (66,000, over 60%) of these are civilian deaths.That is 31 civilians dying every day during the six year period."

Most are killed by terrorists
Original post by Aj12

I believe they prefer to be called 'The American Army'.
Reply 7
Original post by aj12
most are killed by terrorists

b0ll0cks
Reply 8
Original post by RogerEstIci

:biggrin: I liked that.
Reply 9
This is not even news.
Original post by Low Profile
shocking news on Iraq:

I don't really think that would come to a shock to anyone. I wasn't remotely shocked by that.

Original post by Aj12

Original post by Erebos
b0ll0cks

In what way? It seems a highly naive and anti-American stance to take. Surely you must be aware at the extraordinary levels of domestic terrorism and in-fighting in Iraq? While I wasn't shocked coalition troops had killed huge numbers of civilians, it makes sense to me that terrorists have killed more. After all, their target is civilians whereas any unbiased person would tell you the coalition targets terrorists (whether they knowingly kill civilians used as human shields etc. is another matter).
Reply 11
Original post by callum9999
I don't really think that would come to a shock to anyone. I wasn't remotely shocked by that.

In what way? It seems a highly naive and anti-American stance to take. Surely you must be aware at the extraordinary levels of domestic terrorism and in-fighting in Iraq? While I wasn't shocked coalition troops had killed huge numbers of civilians, it makes sense to me that terrorists have killed more. After all, their target is civilians whereas any unbiased person would tell you the coalition targets terrorists (whether they knowingly kill civilians used as human shields etc. is another matter).

By other Muslim terrorists walking into packed market places and blowing themselves up
Original post by Martyn*
This is not even news.

I agree that the most shocking thing about the leaks is that the information released isn't actually that shocking, but it's still major nonetheless. The private thoughts of senior diplomats from around the world could have major implications. The US really need to tighten up their security though - apparently 3 million people had access to this.

BBC News
Reply 13
Original post by Aj12

Agreed.

Bring on the negs.
Reply 14
Lol, it was going to happen.
Reply 15
Original post by callum9999

Original post by Aj12
By other Muslim terrorists walking into packed market places and blowing themselves up

I wish more people thought this way.
Reply 16
Original post by RogerEstIci

Then your a tool who knows nothing of the conflict tbh
Original post by Aj12

I was agreeing with you, and used your post as context to the other person as there response was so pointless no-one would know what it refers too.

Not that I think it's important to point out that they are Muslim. I always feel uncomfortable when people who claim race/religion doesn't matter to them feel the need to classify people into specific groups when it's not really relevant.
Reply 18
Original post by Erebos
b0ll0cks

Do some research most attacks on not even targeted against Americans but in a civil war between shiite Muslims and Sunni muslms

Original post by Aj12

The number is much higher if you include terrorists or other criteria. Ranges from 600,000 to just over 1m depending on your criteria or source since the invasion began in 2003. I'd imagine the 66,000 are only the official recorded number of civilian deaths killed directly by the US army.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending