The Student Room Group

My University (KCL) are taking forever to release ratified results!!!

Long story short, my university (King's College London) haven't provided me with a "final decision on my graduation" because there was some delay. They have been so adamant on releasing results simultaneously across the departments for whatever reason and now (after my resit exams that have been marked) they haven't told me what my award is.

I've been given my (resit) exam results via email after requesting them, but this isn't enough for me to confirm what award I will be receiving. From my understanding and personal tracking of my grades I sit on the boundary between a 2.2 and 2.1 award, which in my opinion is likely causing the delay. Surely this should have been decided/processed well before releasing results mid-September? It's super inconvenient and preventing me from applying from jobs that require a 2.1 or higher.

Anyone have any advice on what to do? Or even if there is a minimum requirement on how much time they have/what they should do in the meantime?
speak to a student advisor
Do you know if the resit Exam Board met yet? It should have by now but it's worth checking in case there has been a delay for some reason. Ask your Programme Administrator, as they organise them.
Everything is provisional until that happens.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cheadle
Do you know if the resit Exam Board met yet? It should have by now but it's worth checking in case there has been a delay for some reason. Ask your Programme Administrator, as they organise them.
Everything is provisional until that happens.

So the Exam Board had already met by mid-Sept, hence why results were released for everyone then. It was at that point after waiting the whole day I was first told of the system error causing the delay that hasn't been resolved for 2+ weeks. I've already spoken to student advisors/services (like @CatInTheCorner mentioned) and they've told me to email the Head of my Faculty and also try to contact the Examinations team.

I just find it ridiculous that every year without fail there has been an issue regarding my degree, and this is possibly the most stressful issue
I found this on the KCL website ( https://self-service.kcl.ac.uk/article/KA-01629/en-us ) not sure if any use to you right now. Requesting one might prompt the system?

Student Services can provide a letter called a ‘Pre-Award Letter’ which includes:
-An overview of your course
-Your course start and end dates
-Details of when your faculty assessment board is likely to meet and confirm your results
-Your expected award date
-This document will enable you to prove to prospective employers or other organisations or institutions that you have completed your course and are awaiting confirmation of your module results and final award.
Original post by cheadle
I found this on the KCL website ( https://self-service.kcl.ac.uk/article/KA-01629/en-us ) not sure if any use to you right now. Requesting one might prompt the system?

Student Services can provide a letter called a ‘Pre-Award Letter’ which includes:
-An overview of your course
-Your course start and end dates
-Details of when your faculty assessment board is likely to meet and confirm your results
-Your expected award date
-This document will enable you to prove to prospective employers or other organisations or institutions that you have completed your course and are awaiting confirmation of your module results and final award.

I requested this and Student Services put my request on hold because of this very issue. When I called them and the lady noticed it and suggested I contact the exam board/team and so on
Ah right, you have been round the houses on this.
Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the regulations to give you any leverage for getting your results back.
Wondering if it might be worth posting something in the TSR KCL section? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Reply 7
When did you receive it last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending