The Student Room Group

Security checks with the Government Recruitment Service

Hi everyone! I was recently given a provisional offer for a placement in the civil service and have started pre-employment checks. I was told that the security parts of those checks (just BPSS) will be done by the Government Recruitment Service, which will “send me a link that will enable me to upload my ID directly onto their system”. Does anyone know whether this link / uploading process will go through the civil service jobs website, or will I be contacted separately? Many thanks!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by yentl217
Hi everyone! I was recently given a provisional offer for a placement in the civil service and have started pre-employment checks. I was told that the security parts of those checks (just BPSS) will be done by the Government Recruitment Service, which will “send me a link that will enable me to upload my ID directly onto their system”. Does anyone know whether this link / uploading process will go through the civil service jobs website, or will I be contacted separately? Many thanks!

I have previously worked for 2 different civil service branches. Both times I received a separate email in which to upload ID documents. Unfortunately without knowing which branch it's difficult to say. Strangely all the Civil Service branches have their own recruitment teams and different processes for their recruitment. My only advice would be to keep an eye on both your email and the Civil Service Jobs websites. Sorry if it's not the answer your looking for but the government is very secretive about their recruitment processes for the most part which is understandable.
Reply 2
Original post by Regent23
I have previously worked for 2 different civil service branches. Both times I received a separate email in which to upload ID documents. Unfortunately without knowing which branch it's difficult to say. Strangely all the Civil Service branches have their own recruitment teams and different processes for their recruitment. My only advice would be to keep an eye on both your email and the Civil Service Jobs websites. Sorry if it's not the answer your looking for but the government is very secretive about their recruitment processes for the most part which is understandable.

Hi there, thank you so much for the reply. The placement is with the DWP. Could I ask how long it took between you sending in the pre-employment forms and getting the link?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending