The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Let's see... boilers broken at college, no heaters, minus temperatures... oh we still had to go in! So basically the snow has affected me by making my toes nearly drop off. (and my college should be punished!)
i think even if a meter of snow fell, uni still wouldn't get cancelled
nope :frown:
Original post by moonymeen
Let's see... boilers broken at college, no heaters, minus temperatures... oh we still had to go in! So basically the snow has affected me by making my toes nearly drop off. (and my college should be punished!)

More fool you for going in :awesome:
Reply 224
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
i think even if a meter of snow fell, uni still wouldn't get cancelled

Original post by moonymeen

If it snowed nearer to January then schools are likely to close. They remain open because they have a lot of content to teach before the January exams.
I've had a lot of snow, so my school is shut both today and tomorrow.
No. I only hope it snows if we get snow days. I remember last year there was some snow and we still had to go in. Bad times.
Reply 227
Had very little snow, mostly thick ice. So its just meant delayed trains, testing of my balance and rapping up warm for uni for me. For now anyway :smile:
There was a little bit of snow a few days ago, it still hasn't melted, the highest temperature we've had is 2. I want it to snow so badly, I need to catch up on my college work.
Reply 229
No :frown:
No snow for me here, if it was bad enough it would just be school would be closed. If it snows tomorrow i would be affected positively as i have not done a big assignment yet and its not gonna happen as its meant to be handed in tomorrow but Barca VS Madrid is on lol :cool:
Absolutely no snow in Bristol. Just really really cold :/
pfft what snow? x If there was snow I would be ecstatic! x
Reply 233
Had about 4-5 inches but it hasn't really affected me, still had 6th form unfortunately. Although I don't think the snow will do me any favours on thursday when I've got my driving test, unless it clears up sharpish
Original post by Stirlo
Had about 4-5 inches but it hasn't really affected me, still had 6th form unfortunately. Although I don't think the snow will do me any favours on thursday when I've got my driving test, unless it clears up sharpish

Oh damn, good luck with that btw. I do feel for you now lol, just please make sure to keep optimum concentration, as your test is near the end of the week when they usually fail a lot more people. :smile:
It snowed heavily for a couple of hours this morning, but that's it, and there's no real coverage.
I couldn't make it into college because all the trains on the line had been cancelled.
Reply 237
We've had a bit of snow on Friday, it's just dangerous now as it wont melt properly so is just really icy.

We are forecast to have more for the rest of the week, hope not. If its bad Im not going to risk going to uni - no way am I going to travel nearly 60 miles and risk getting stuck there!
Original post by badgerkins

Original post by badgerkins
Absolutely no snow in Bristol. Just really really cold :/

Acctually, if you go up on clifton downs it's covered in snow! You're right it's freezing here as well!
Buses got cancelled this morning, school was still open but couldnt get in, nearest train station had delays of over an hour too so.. :L
everything grinds to a halt here whenever any remotely bad weather happens :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending