The Student Room Group

Why are the lower classes poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Poem boy
Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

By the way by lower class, I do not mean working class. I am talking about the people who go on Jeremy Kyle and live off benefits, end up in prison and the chavs who menace people in town centres.

The lower class stereotype of being poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter is somewhat true, I guess.

Poorer, certainly as that defines your class mostly.

Less intelligent - perhaps not, the lower classes are often misunderstood and marginalised in education, as well as often having unsupportive parents and a value system that neglects education in favour of work. Failure to succeed in education is not necessarily due to a lack of intelligence.

Uglier - I suppose they have less disposable income to spend on their looks and clothes

Fatter - Poor diet because they don't have the money to buy good food.

On the whole though, there are plenty of intelligent, good looking lower-class people. They just don't get noticed because they don't have £70 to spend on Jack Wills jumpers and £100 to spend on Uggs, etc.

You get fat ugly stupid people in every class. There are plenty of middle-class spacktards.
Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

By the way by lower class, I do not mean working class. I am talking about the people who go on Jeremy Kyle and live off benefits, end up in prison and the chavs who menace people in town centres.

I grew up in one of the most deprived areas in Britain in a very poor family, and I am none of the things you write about...
Are you basing this on your hood-rat, skank, hooker grandmother?
They haven't got the money for education and surgery. ":frown:"
Reply 64
I was brought up on benefits as I am from a single parent family, my mum chose not to work in order to bring us up. Instead of spending her benefit money on alcohol, nights out and cigarettes like the benefit stereotypes you seem to be referring to she spent every penny on her kids and spent time volunteering in our schools and teaching us to read. Please don't generalise everyone on benefits-individual circumstances do vary.

As for your points:

less intelligent-I got 4 As at A Level and got a place at Cambridge alongside the other 4 universities I applied to (traditional subjects too-Literature, Economics, Maths and Religious Studies). I know a lot of my friends were brought up in 'lower class' homes who also achieved similar or better to this.

uglier-no comment/beauty comes from within etc etc. Plus my said friends have been great looking so :s-smilie:

fatter-is size 10 fat? Nope thought not

poorer-I can only assume you don't know what lower class means? The way the system is organised if you are on benefits you are generally classed as lower class and are poorer by the very nature of the income you have. When you get a job we have a system which recognises that and you move up the oh so wonderful class system and generally earn more money than on benefits.

Blooming trolls.

Why are people who make threads like this so set on judging people? Just because it's what you see on the TV (great research platform by the way) doesn't mean it's the majority of people. Try going to places where people volunteer you might find a lot of 'lower classes' there keeping the bloody world turning.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Ali.
I actually know what you mean. I'd just like to say I have nothing against all poor people or anything, but you have a valid point. You're on about Jeremy Kyle people. :teehee:

To be honest, I've wondered why they're all ugly as well, they look like they have fetal alcohol syndrome to me. I think they're fatter due to lack of intelligence, education, and other influences so they eat cheap nasty food.

They shame England if I'm honest. We were a great nation, and they're ruining it. It must be stopped.

You're right, no one does like chavs. We should bring back the hunt, but replace foxes with the chavs, this time no one would complain! :biggrin:

I've often wondered why they don't all shop in M&S or Waitrose.

Unhealthy food is cheaper and easier to prepare. If I was living off £50 a week, I wouldn't be buying free-range eggs.

People have to live within their means.

You try living off £50 a week without succumbing to the temptation of cheap and unhealthy food.

It's not as if you have to pay for the food on your table. I'm sure your parents pay for everything. Do you even have a job?

It's not easy to live a middle-class lifestyle on a budget.
Original post by Alexr115
You watch Jeremy Kyle??????

:biggrin:Who he?????
Reply 67
Original post by Lust of a Gardener
I've often wondered why they don't all shop in M&S or Waitrose.

Unhealthy food is cheaper and easier to prepare. If I was living off £50 a week, I wouldn't be buying free-range eggs.

People have to live within their means.

You try living off £50 a week without succumbing to the temptation of cheap and unhealthy food.

It's not as if you have to pay for the food on your table. I'm sure your parents pay for everything. Do you even have a job?

It's not easy to live a middle-class lifestyle on a budget.

That is actually a myth. For some potatoes, vegetables, and meat, you can make your own meal from scratch for cheaper than some readymeals. However, you have to prepare it, which puts some people off (which is really stupid).

Yeah, my parents do buy my food, and no I don't have a job. Even if I did, I wouldn't be expected to buy my own food. :lolwut:
Reply 68
How come the Nordic countries don't have chavs like Britain?
Reply 69
If you're serious - Hah. :banghead: Unbelievable.

If you're trying to be ironic or something, you're not very good at it. :|
Reply 70

Congratulations, you have just given us all an epiphany.

You're stating the obvious with a lot of what you have written here, but you cannot judge social class based on television shows. I agree, I'm a Celebrity and the X Factor are rubbish, but that does not mean chavs are the only people who watch it.
Original post by .Ali.
That is actually a myth. For some potatoes, vegetables, and meat, you can make your own meal from scratch for cheaper than some readymeals. However, you have to prepare it, which puts some people off (which is really stupid).

Yeah, my parents do buy my food, and no I don't have a job. Even if I did, I wouldn't be expected to buy my own food. :lolwut:

I could buy five ready meals for a £1 each and feed a family. It's cheaper and quicker.

It really depends on what your making when it comes to vegetables and fresh fruit. I could make a stew that would last two days for relatively little money.

Depends entirely on how creative you are, because you can't expect to serve stew every single day. A lot of working people don't have the time.

Also, in regards to you not having a job, would you not think of contributing money toward buying food if you did happen to get a job? It's not that strange. A lot of teenagers do it.
Original post by Left Hand Drive
OH **** david cameron has TSR!

hahahhahahahah........no.
Original post by BillySharp92
hahahhahahahah........no.

Yeah very good.
Reply 74
I've nothing wrong with chavs, I hate posh people, the upper classes and the royal family however -they're not even British, they're German...
Reply 75
Original post by Lust of a Gardener
I could buy five ready meals for a £1 each and feed a family. It's cheaper and quicker.

It really depends on what your making when it comes to vegetables and fresh fruit. I could make a stew that would last two days for relatively little money.

Depends entirely on how creative you are, because you can't expect to serve stew every single day. A lot of working people don't have the time.

Also, in regards to you not having a job, would you not think of contributing money toward buying food if you did happen to get a job? It's not that strange. A lot of teenagers do it.

But for about 50p more, you can make five fresh meals.

Exactly. Stew for two days. One day you could have vegetables and potatoes with some meat/fish, next day, you could have some salad, next two days, some pasta with some veg/meat thrown in, and one say you could have a quick meal. Easy.

You can find the time. Make them on a Sunday, and freeze them. Defrost them after work. As easy as a ready meal.

It would never have crossed my mind to actually, and no one I know contributes towards food. :dontknow:
Cos they're made to be like that by the society we live in.
Reply 77
Why are the lower classes poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter?

It's because they iz thick and lazy innit.
Reply 78
You've answered the question:

"Are some people really bad at trolling?"

Yes!
I don't know, what's your excuse?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending