The Student Room Group

Dating App Experiences

I have a friend who is on Bumble and is trying to get me on there as well because she doesn't like me being single. I have had negative experiences on Tinder before - back then I was uglier than I am now and didn't use great photos since I didn't have any on hand, and as a result I got four likes (at least one of those was from a bot account) and no matches. It was disheartening, but my friend says that Bumble is less harsh than Tinder and that I'd be better suited there. I see adverts for other dating apps like Boo and I wanted to know what it was like on these dating apps that aren't Tinder as I am considering trying at least one of them out in the near future. I am considering Bumble, Boo and Tame.
Why does your friend not "like" you being single? That seems a little odd & red flaggish.

The general consensus among people I know is that Tinder is mostly for hook-ups tbh, so I suppose it is a more surface-level, shallow vibes where appearance is all that matters. As far as I know, on Bumble, girls have to make the first move: the guy can't text first (which is unique to Bumble). I'd also say Hinge is decent as apparently it takes ages to fill out a profile because you *need* to have 6 pictures & fill in all the prompts; therefore, people who actually take the time to fill it out are more likely (by assumption) to be seeking a relationship or something serious rather than an online penpal/ one night stand.
Reply 2
Original post by confuzzledteen
Why does your friend not "like" you being single? That seems a little odd & red flaggish.

The general consensus among people I know is that Tinder is mostly for hook-ups tbh, so I suppose it is a more surface-level, shallow vibes where appearance is all that matters. As far as I know, on Bumble, girls have to make the first move: the guy can't text first (which is unique to Bumble). I'd also say Hinge is decent as apparently it takes ages to fill out a profile because you *need* to have 6 pictures & fill in all the prompts; therefore, people who actually take the time to fill it out are more likely (by assumption) to be seeking a relationship or something serious rather than an online penpal/ one night stand.

That's interesting, I didn't consider Hinge before. As for my friend, she just wants me to be happy as sometimes being single can get to me. She did tell me about girls going first on Bumble - I think that suits me more as I don't need to come up with a pickup line. Maybe it might help filter out bots too? Not sure though.
Reply 3
I wanted to edit my post but I can't so I'm going to have to make another post. Some of my other friends think it's a good idea, but again I'm not sure how well it will go. Ideally, if there's someone who is in a similar position to me (moderately good looking, not experienced in this sort of thing) who has tried dating apps I'd really like to hear from them to see what it was like before I commit and potentially embarrass myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending