The Student Room Group

When you're stating how much sleep you get...

do you include the time you allow for getting to sleep? e.g. if I was to ask you how many hours sleep you get and you said 7 hours, would this be including the time it takes you to get to sleep?

Thank you for reading my ramblings:smile:
Reply 1
No
Nope =D
Otherwise some nights it would seem like I got 10, but actually get 6...
Sleeping tablets FTW!
Reply 3
Original post by Fusion
No

So how do you know how much sleep you're actually getting?:wink:
Probably only if I got either a lot or very little sleep. So if I got two hours sleep, I might say: 'yeah, I only slept for 2 hours. Went to bed at 7.' or something like that :tongue:
Reply 5
No, because it doesn't classify as sleep. You're awake.
i generally lie in bed and fall asleep immediately. so i'm not really sure, but it doesn't matter.
Reply 7
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nope =D
Sleeping tablets FTW!

Do they make it harder to get up in the morning?
Reply 8
Usually, yes. But in fairness, it doesn't take me long to get to sleep these days. Only if I'm aware it's taken be hours to get to sleep do I know include it.

greeneyedgirl
Sleeping tablets FTW!

As long as you then don't sleep through your alarm in the morning :P Haha.
Original post by Reflexive
Do they make it harder to get up in the morning?

Yep! But still less hard waking up at 9 after getting to sleep at midnight with help of pill, than waking up at 9 after getting to sleep at 4am...
Original post by Louise_x
Usually, yes. But in fairness, it doesn't take me long to get to sleep these days. Only if I'm aware it's taken be hours to get to sleep do I know include it.

As long as you then don't sleep through your alarm in the morning :P Haha.

I've turned up to lectures this week :P aren't you impressed?!
Yep! But still less hard waking up at 9 after getting to sleep at midnight with help of pill, than waking up at 9 after getting to sleep at 4am...

I've been forcing myself up at the same time lately, it's the only way to stop gradually slipping to a situation where I'm nocturnal, which doesn't work when you have to fit in the normal world.
Reply 12
Nope =D
Sleeping tablets FTW!

I HATE sleeping tablets, mine gave me this really empty sleep. Always woke up feeling worse :/ which ones are you on? (if you don't mind me being nosy :tongue:)

I don't include the time it takes me to get to sleep, because sometimes i'll be trying for hours, sometimes i'll try all night and it won't happen and sometimes I'll be gone in 10 minutes. C'est la vie.
Reply 13
My sleep pattern varies due to a faulty alarm clock.
Reply 14
I've turned up to lectures this week :P aren't you impressed?!

Wow, very impressed! Wish I could stay the same. I got to WILT yesterday, looked and the building, turned around and walked away. Oops :tongue:
Reply 15
No, I just state the number of minutes of sleep I was actually asleep for.
Reply 16
Original post by Cicerao
No, I just state the number of minutes of sleep I was actually asleep for.

How are you able to tell this exactly?
When I'm trying to fall asleep, I keep looking at the clock on my phone, even when I'm half asleep- so kinda assume that the last time I look at the clock is pretty much the time I go to sleep :P
Original post by Reflexive
I've been forcing myself up at the same time lately, it's the only way to stop gradually slipping to a situation where I'm nocturnal, which doesn't work when you have to fit in the normal world.

Yeah, nocturnal life happens at uni I've realised...sucks!

Original post by Easykill
I HATE sleeping tablets, mine gave me this really empty sleep. Always woke up feeling worse :/ which ones are you on? (if you don't mind me being nosy :tongue:)
Nytol =D the hot pharmacist recommended them to me...
I wake up with a headache, but a quick few neurofen sorts that out!
I don't include the time it takes me to get to sleep, because sometimes i'll be trying for hours, sometimes i'll try all night and it won't happen and sometimes I'll be gone in 10 minutes. C'est la vie.

Original post by Louise_x
Wow, very impressed! Wish I could stay the same. I got to WILT yesterday, looked and the building, turned around and walked away. Oops :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending